Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Should I be upset???

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Should I be upset???

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I be upset???

Need a little vent here, kind of upset about this...

I'm not going to name the company, as I don't want this to become a bash thread about them. I have always liked the service I get, till this past order...

I placed a order for a some SmartFly stuff, spinner and a couple things that I need to have a new bird ready for it's maiden this coming weekend.. I placed it online on Thursday and received my email with theorder number, all was good..

Now normally I get a tracking email from UPS telling me where it's at and when it will be here.. No email on Friday so I call them on Saturday morning, yup, they are closed.. No email all weekend, so I call them a little bit ago...

My order is still sitting there and not even startedall because I added this to the comment box..
"If you have a spinner screw that you could add that would be great. The spinner I am buying today is going on the DLE 60 that I got from you last month.. Thanks"

I'm told that any time they have a comment in the box it stops the order and they will contact you via the phone or email....

Are you kidding me, no one ever called me or emailed me, they just charged my CC and left it at that.. Now I am sure that a maiden this coming weekend is out of the question and the following weekend I am busy. So asking them to add a screw if they have one, just put me 3 weeks out on doing my maiden!! I'm waiting for them to send me an email saying something I ordered is now out of stock, that's just my luck!!!

Would you be upset about this, or am I just pouting because I want to fly my new toy!!!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:15 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Should I be upset???

Don't want to ruin a perfectly good "mad", but I don't think it's too much to worry about here. Yes, they charged your CC for the amount on Friday. That's normal and it's going to be the first thing any company does when processing an order. When the order hit the floor to be pulled they saw that you had a comment on it, and that's where their procedures kicked in and they stopped the order and sent it back to customer service so that they can contact you about the comment. I think that it's perfectly within reason that all of that could have happened on Friday afternoon and customer service didn't get a chance to call you until today. 

I know that you are upset about not being able to maiden your plane this weekend. But looking at it a different way I would say that this whole issue actually shows you that you are dealing with a good company. I have dealt with many companies in the RC hobby that simply would ignore anything in the comments field like that and just process the order. This issue shows you that this company does watch those comments and wants to try and give you the best service possible. While it blows your maiden this weekend, it shows you are dealing with a good company. If the only thing you are waiting on is a spinner I would just maiden the plane without the spinner and then put it on when you get it.

Ken
Old 05-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Mustangman40

I agree with what your saying Ken, but that's the thing the really got me upset. NO one ever contacted me, I had to call them to check on the order.. Had they called me on Friday I would have told them what I didtoday, don't hold up my order over ascrew... I wish I could do the maiden with out the stuff, but It's got mysmartfly and switch and fuel dot in their. Maybe it will get here by Friday.........

I know that I amjust being a big baby about it and it's a good company to deal with and that is why I'm not putting a name to the company..... Ijust want to fly this dang thing, waaaaaaa waaaaa....
Old 05-06-2013, 09:07 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Maybe the delay is a good thing. Bad things always happen to me when I'm in a hurry
Old 05-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm told that any time they have a comment in the box it stops the order and they will contact you via the phone or email....

And that's probably just what they will do.  They added your name to the "Special Order" pile and the one individual that handles those is working from first in-first out and may get to you in a few business days to two weeks - depending on the number of special orders ahead of you.

And all this for a screw you could probably get at a small-engine shop or hardware store on your way home from work.  Even Lowes carries small metric hardware in the "glory boxes" in the hardware isle.  Quit waiting to be served and go put some effort in.  ;-)  Know anyplace that works on chainsaws?  They have lots of metric bolts (and carb rebuild kits for Walbro carbs!)

Old 05-06-2013, 11:53 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 first in first served, a big company could have a hundred new orders needing special attention. It's only Monday you should make it by the wkend if they ship by wed.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:07 PM
jetmech05

Sorry perhaps it would have been best to call them before you placed the order and asked for the part number. Bad things do happen when you hurry
Old 05-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Mustangman40

Well now the order still has notshipped and I get an email tonight, that they are out of stock on something they charged me for... So the spinner they thought they had in stock, they don't... So now I have to try and find something else or they can back order it... It's my luck!!!!!!!!!! I will call them in the morning and figure this out.... You guys are right, I should have looked for a part number and just ordered the screw.. I will never ever use the comment box, ever!!!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:42 AM
K-Bob

Old 05-08-2013, 05:48 AM
jetmech05

A spinner should be easy to find. Have you tried some of the hobby shops in your surrounding areas.
Graph tech, Dons in Salina Ks, Graves in Orlando are all on line.
Good luck