Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Buddy box question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Buddy box question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2002, 03:51 AM
Baitshack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddy box question

Can anyone think of a reason why my buddy box is getting more throw in the ailerons than
with the primary controller? My controller is a skysport 6A and the buddy box is a
skysport 4 which has been stripped down. My cousin and I are going flying tomorrow and we
did a bit of a test run to see if everything is moving in the same direction. After
reversing several of his servos (they were moving in the wrong direction) everything seems
to be working in sync with the exception of the ailerons which are getting more throw when
controlled by the buddy box end. All other control surfaces seem to have the same amount
of throw regardless of which radio they are on. I've got dual rates on the primary radio
but aren't using them. Both rates are set to the maximum amount of throw.

I'm sure it will fly ok but it's confusing the heck out of me.
Old 04-28-2002, 04:07 AM
INJUN_EAR
Banned

The dual rates and atv's that were setup on the primary are not effective on the trainer box.

This is just the way it is. If the aileron throw is too much for the student then the only way to de-sensitize them is by adjusting the linkages.
Old 04-28-2002, 04:27 AM
Baitshack

Thanks, after checking I realized that both rates were not set the same which explains why differences between the two. I also noticed that I had some room to crank up the rates a bit, which means I can probably do a few more tricks than what I've been able to do so far.

He should be able to handle the plane ok, I'll keep an eye on him. It's not like it's an Extra 300 or anything, only an Airmadillo trainer. Obviously I'm fairly new to this game myself but am confident enough with my flying to give him some stick time.