Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Colored Foam Rubber and other Things?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Colored Foam Rubber and other Things?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colored Foam Rubber and other Things?

Hello all,

I remember seeing a picture of the inside of Mike Caglia's crashed TBM Extra 260 at the TOC and he had colored foam rubber wrapping his receivers. Being someone who is never content with plain-jane things, I was wondering if this was a homemade affair, or if there is a company that makes colored foam? Also, being even more picky, is it about the same density of Du-Bro foam rubber?

As an alternative to this, there was a Tip posted in Model Airplane News' Hits and Kinks about a year ago that a man said that you can wrap your foam with some material called "Pet-Flex" that is a temporary pet bandage that would give some color. It was also self-adhesing, eliminating the need for zip ties or rubber bands to keep the foam wrapped up. I went to a couple of pet stores and could not find anything of the sort. Would anyone out there have any idea where this product can be bought, or if it is even produced?

Also, does anyone know of where I can get some colored velcro to keep my servo leads together? I have heard that you can purchase this at office supply stores, but again, I couldn't find any.

One last thing. Does anyone know where I can buy Trinity nylon zip-ties? That was another thing that I saw in MAN and they had some neon colored zip-ties, but I couldn't find them anywhere.

Soooo....

Either I am overlooking all of the aformentioned items (which is entirely possible), or North Carolina is just a sucky state when it comes to finding stuff like this. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old 03-08-2004, 09:19 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Colored Foam Rubber and other Things?

Colored velcro is easy... fabric stores. Lowes and home depot have appx $3 packs of 5 colored velcro cable ties.... for organizing extension cords and such. (these can also be found at office supply and computer stores.) The cable ties have hook on one side, loop on the other. Wrap and its velcroed.

colored foam... look in your various packages that things get shipped in. I've gotten red, green, blue, purple, black, white, yellow... (I never buy foam rubber) Check with computer stores on that too... they toss all kinds of foam in thier dumpsters, and its the anti-static type. (usually black... sometimes other colors though.)

Any decent pharmacy will have the clingy gause stuff in assorted colors.

Lowes and Home Depot and about any other place that carries electrical or electronic supplies you can find all sorts of sizes and colors of zip-ties. Must be 20 to 30 colors at the local Home Depot.