Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Air Pump for Pnuematic Retracts

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Air Pump for Pnuematic Retracts

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 12:31 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Pump for Pnuematic Retracts

I am intalling Robart's Pnuematic Retracts for the first time; infact the first Pnuematics of any type; I will also have an On-Board pressure gauge; to repressurize the tank I noticed that Robarts offers a hand pump to do so; at $29 from Tower a little pricey; is there a cheaper alternative to accomplish the same or better, hand held, maual or powered. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Air Pump for Pnuematic Retracts

Just get a high quality bicycle pump or a 12-volt utility pump with a built in gauge that can pump up to 100 psi. BTW, there is a thread on this topic in the Warbirds forum.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:28 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Air Pump for Pnuematic Retracts

The trouble with the high quality bicycle pump is they when new are going to cost that or more. Also you will have to deal with some sort of adapter to get the schrader valve fitting down to the little airline hose.

The down side of automotive electric pumps is agine the adapter and bulk/weight to be lugged around. possibly agine a similar price unless you already have one.

The price you quoted is not bad and about five or six bucks less than the Springair pump.

These pumps are very small take up very little space in a flight box and easily pump up rapidly. Using some of these other alternatives will only take away some of the enjoyment of running a set of quality retracts.

John