Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Supertiger Engines

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Supertiger Engines

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 07:52 PM
obie1
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supertiger Engines

Can someone tell me about the difference in SuperTiger Engines. The Italian version (black box) vs the (Red Box), I think Chinese.
Which is the better. I have had the red box 2300 but see a lot of the black box engines for sale.
Please help.
Thanks
Rich
Old 03-06-2006, 11:32 PM
fredscz
My Feedback: (47)

Default RE: Supertiger Engines

I have had a lot of the Italian made engines in the red box. My personal hands on experience with 4 [51,40 and 2 61's] different new "China made ST'S is that the quality is not there. All but one have needed a lot of patience and they still do not run as well as the older ST's IMHO. Two 61's went to the swap meet as they would not run reliably with the stock carbs. No Italian ST ever gave me as many problems.
FEB
Old 03-06-2006, 11:59 PM
TheParrot

I have a new GS-40 in my Four Star. For the price I wasn't expecting much, but i was surpised. Has plenty of authority to fly the Four Star and any more power would probably be overkill. It's still being broken in, so the transition from idle to full throttle isn't perfect, but it's a nice engine.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:07 AM
muzzlemaggot
My Feedback: (7)

I haven't noticed any significant difference between Italian and Chinese. I've had a few issues with both versions, but in the end ST engines are well worth the money not to mention the interchangability of parts with the smaller sport size.