Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

PCM??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Holton50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM??

Ok so i have been getting bad interference on my patty. Currently I am running ppm. I was going to get twisted servo extensions an then wrap them in those metal circles(forgot the name....) in hopes to reduce interference. Now i get interference about 20 paces out. If i switch to pcm will i be able to get up to 45 paces out? But one issue that worries me is the whole failsafe mode. I hear of guys losing their planes to this. what would you recommend?
Thanks
Chris-
Old 04-01-2006, 07:04 PM
redfox435cat

Default RE: PCM??

what reciever are you useing were you can use both PPM ans PCM in the same model?
Old 04-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Holton50

Oh i was going to switch out the ppm reciver to pcm. i have the 6xas radio
Old 04-01-2006, 08:25 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

I'd reccomend finding the source of the noise and fixing it. The rings are called Ferrite.

PCM isn't going to fix the noise, just hide it. Instead of glitching PCM just ignores a bad frame, too many bad frames and you get lockout. If the interference is bad enough when the plane gets farther away ppm will glitch, pcm will lockout, the end result is a crash, usually the only difference is if someone took the time to setup failsafe, then the pcm will have the throttle at idle but PCM isn't a cure for a faulty radio installation or metal to metal noise somewhere.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Holton50

see when i would take the antenna out , stick it straight up in the air all interference disappeared. i was thinking about getting a compact antenna and mounting that right behind the canopy..... dose anyone know if compact antennas are good an what brand to get?