Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Engine question?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Engine question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 02:18 PM
tfarmer96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine question?

I just put a new Tiger 75 ringed in my tiger 60 (how cute??) any way is there another muffler i can get for it? The one that comes on it is the size of a 3 liter coke bottle and is heavy as a brick. I have run about 1/2 gallon of fuel though it and its great. It makes good power tunes easy and seems to be able to fly the wings off my tiger 60.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:55 PM
campbec

Default RE: Engine question?

Hi tfarmer96,

I have the same motor in my CG Super Chipmunk and I'm more than please with its; performance. STs are very forgiving of non-stndard mufflers and there are a huge variety of after market types such as Slimline out there or you might even consider a tuned pipe. I'm certain you will find you have more than adequate power with the standard setup.

Cheers,

Colin
Old 04-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If all else fails in finding an aftermarket muffler, measure the distance between the muffler bolt holes AND the length/width of the exhaust opening. Then check the mufflers at the hobby shop. Many engines are OS clones as far as exhaust sizes.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:42 PM
tfarmer96

i guess what i need is just a header. i have one but i cant find bolts long enough to make it all the way though the block so i can put nuts on it. I need some exhaust bolts that are about 2 1/2 in long.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:49 PM
fledermaus

All the Super Tigres come with enormous mufflers. Bisson makes a nice Pitts-style muffler for the ST-G75, as does Slimline. The Bisson is bigger than the Slimline but no problem to fit it into any plane that the G-75 fits.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:50 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tfarmer96

i guess what i need is just a header. i have one but i cant find bolts long enough to make it all the way though the block so i can put nuts on it. I need some exhaust bolts that are about 2 1/2 in long.
Muffler bolts are USUALLY 3mm. Get a 3' length of 3mm ALL THREADED rod and some 3 mm nuts. Double nut one end and solder the nuts together. Cut a slot IN THE TOP NUT ONLY. Cut the rod to the length you need - custom muffler bolts. A 3' length of SS 3mm rod costs about $6 - $7 - enough to do many muffler bolts.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:16 AM
tfarmer96

ok i thought they had to be grade 8 bolts.