Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Sig Tri-Star

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Wulf
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Tri-Star

How much did these kits sell for ?I tried to find them on Sig Webstite .They must be out of production-How long ago were they produced?
I have an OS 15 FP laying around and think this would be a good plane for it?
Old 07-19-2006, 05:43 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Sig Tri-Star

No idea how much the kit sold for, they have been out of production I beleve near ten years.

I just finished up a partially completed one and have two flights on it. I have no plans and the CG as well as the best elevator throw was the biggest mystery. get the combo wrong and you will not have the elevator authority for rotation and flair for landing. That was some of the issues I am now just getting around.

Another suggestion is to turn the full tank around backwards from the normal fuel tank/engine relationship. If you don,t when you are in a climb attitude at around a half tank the clunk will unport and your flight is over at a half tank.

Mine has an elderly OS 15 with a tongue strap on muffler with a two ounce clunk tank. Also with all the rage for bigger engines these days anything over a .15 if a glow engine is a big mistake, dealing with the CG problem that would present would indeed be difficult and there is simply no place to put a bigger tank.

The stock main gear is far to flexable. just sitting it down would allow the back end to sag as the gear spread (prop strike). Its neccessary to put a spreader between.

Its been a fun project and a bit of a challange but right now other pressing projects are on the table.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49944.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	493763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30130.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	493764   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99404.jpg
Views:	12