Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Tower Hobbies Codes, Comming UP?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Tower Hobbies Codes, Comming UP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 12:22 PM
sdcranford
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower Hobbies Codes, Comming UP?

While browsing an older Tower Hobbies code thread I noticed somebody said they keep a spreadsheet of
what months tower does certain discounts.

My question is...Does anybody have an idea of what they will bring out in January? I will be getting TH gift
certificates for X-Mas and wonder if I should wait or order just after x-mas. I think they will go up in January
but any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 12-21-2006, 10:14 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Tower Hobbies Codes, Comming UP?

The current publicly scheduled AD Promo for January is #04734 which is $10 off on $100

February is a little better with a graduated scale that increases beyond $10 above $150 and 200 The AD #'s vary depending on how much you spend.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:53 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a spreadsheet.

You won't see any good deals untill after Christmas. They know your going to buy stuff for the holiday and there is no reason to discount stuff very much.

Best deals are spring and late summer.

They used to have $20 off $150 all the time last year, but I haven't seen anything that good in almost 8 months.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:56 AM
sdcranford

Thank you guys. I will wait until January to order my twin! I remember the $20 off $150 last year, hopefully we see
that again soon!
Old 12-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Weasel Keeper

Checked my buying history and somehow I managed a $25 of $150 in last Jan. Tower promotions are fairly predictable.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They used to be more predicatable. And they used to be easy to find. Ever since Tower became an employee owned company, they have gotten really tight on the discount codes, and especially the freebies for the #1 Super Saver Club members. They have limited them to only one, and have raised the required minimum to $100 or more. The 'good old days' are gone at Tower!
Old 12-22-2006, 01:12 PM
sdcranford

When they do the $25 off an order of $150 I usually order $150 worth of stuff from them that I may not need right away but I will buy stuff for an upcoming project. Simply because its hard to pass up over a 15% discount and free shipping when they are cheaper than my LHS even before the discounts.

I love tower, and in 10yrs of ordering from them I have always had great luck. But I order more when there discounts are higher ($25 off $150).
Old 12-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Weasel Keeper

I too lament the tightened freebies coupon policy. I figured they simply found some holes in their shopping software. Guess it's different when the employees see it as "their money".