Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

pull pull set help

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

pull pull set help

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 08:55 PM
rc pilot
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pull pull set help

could anybody send some pics or something to help me out? I have never used the pull pull set up for a rudder and can not figure out a simple way of putting it together I have messed it up three times now. Everytime I try to messure it out and tighten it i cant get it right. am I missing something or what? alot of people use this system and probably have no problem but I have never used it so any help would be appreciated. thanks
Old 05-13-2007, 09:33 PM
alan0899

Default RE: pull pull set help

G'day Mate,
Check out this site, it is a link sit, very useful info, keep it in favourites for future reference, http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong/
Scroll down to Aircraft Design, for pull pull setups.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:44 PM
rc pilot
My Feedback: (25)

thanks for that info but I know the basics on how it works I just cant figure out how to set up the cables so that they hook up with the control linkages,and how to get the right amount of tension on them and so forth
Old 05-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Crash Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi rc pilot,

Dubro make a complete kit that has fittings, crimps, turnbuckles, control horns, wire etc. They also sell some of the bits and pieces seperately. I'm sure there are many other manufacturers out there who also manufacture pull/pull sets. You can also buy a tray with a bellcrank that the cables connect to so there isn't a constant strain on the servo bearings as the servo activates the bell crank. It does help if you use ball bearing servos if not using the remote set up. You will find that the same wire and crimps is much cheaper at a fishing tackle shop, and it is easy to make your own connections save for the turnbuckles if you have the time.

The wire needs to be tightened so there is no play in the actuation of the control surface. NOT tight like a guitar string.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:17 AM
Crash Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi rc pilot,

Dubro make a complete kit that has fittings, crimps, turnbuckles, control horns, wire etc. They also sell some of the bits and pieces seperately. I'm sure there are many other manufacturers out there who also manufacture pull/pull sets. You can also buy a tray with a bellcrank that the cables connect to so there isn't a constant strain on the servo bearings as the servo activates the bell crank. It does help if you use ball bearing servos if not using the remote set up. You will find that the same wire and crimps is much cheaper at a fishing tackle shop, and it is easy to make your own connections save for the turnbuckles if you have the time.

The wire needs to be tightened so there is no play in the actuation of the control surface. NOT tight like a guitar string.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:06 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You need to get the right hardware. You will need clevises that have a short screw with a hole in them so you can loop your wires through them, and then have a screw-on clevis for adjustment
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58777.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	684242   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90908.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	684243