Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Need advice on transmitter setup "Hitec 7c"

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Need advice on transmitter setup "Hitec 7c"

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 06:51 PM
iron eagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on transmitter setup "Hitec 7c"

Guys,
I have a Hitec Eclipse 7 transmitter, I have little or no knowledge about computer radio setups, they did not exist in the old days. Anyhow, my wife gave this to me a couple of years ago for my birthday and now have a plane that I need a special setup and was wondering if it were possible.
The easy part is using two servos for the ailerons, so I could possibly use flaperons. This is described in the manual so that does not seem to be all that hard.
Now for the hard part...
This aircraft is a inline twin, but using a mix of a prop engine in the front and a ducted fan in the fuselage vented out the rear.
Is it possible to use two channels for the throttle? To have the engines response tunned for optimum performance at any given throttle settings. Or should I not be that concerned and just use a wye connector to the two ESC's. One concern is that I am using two batteries one is a li-pol that drives the df unit and rx, the second is a lithium oxide high output (A123) that is going to power the prop unit only through another ESC which will have the power isolated to the rx.

Any hints or is this even possible to do.

Edit:

A second part to the question at least regarding computer radios. Are their any which you can program mix to any channel or channels you wish?
The reason I ask is that I am working on a design in which I have a plane that will require mixing aileron function to elevator for elevon function in a ducted fan using vectored thrust. I understand that this plane might require some onboard electronics but was wondering if there are any multi channel radios on the market that I might do something as wild as this.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:08 AM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need advice on transmitter setup "Hitec 7c"

Hi Iron Eagle,

I have a couple of E-Clipse 7 and have had great luck with them. I sometimes mix dual elevators so dual throttles should be easy. First go into your programing menu and turn on pmx 1. Then set up your Throttle channel as the master and channel seven as the slave. Hook your left engine to the throttle channel and your right engine to channel seven. you will have to work with youe EPA, subtrims, and possible servo reversing depending on your servo mounting but this should get you to where you want to be. Also please note that your channel seven toggle swith will have to be flipped down for this mix to work. Flipping the toggle up at any time will disable the control of your right engine... We know what the consequences to that scenario will be don't we...[:@]
Old 08-30-2007, 10:19 AM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need advice on transmitter setup "Hitec 7c"

Iron Eagle

Sorry I did not answer the 2nd question you had. The E-Clipse 7 has multiple mixers, ( I Think 5 Mixers), to set up these other applications that you desire. I'll have to look in my manual when I get home from work tonight.