Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Warbird Trailer Question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Warbird Trailer Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:25 AM
dspadler
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warbird Trailer Question

Im trying to get my trailer set up and pretty much have everything figured out except on how to haul my Warbirds safely. Since the wheels are in the wings (retracts) you cant haul on the floor nor can you hang them by the gear. So show me how you guys are hauling this long tubular airplanes safely. Wrapping in a quilt and laying in the floor is not an option.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:25 AM
flyfisher431

Default RE: Warbird Trailer Question

Are ypu transporting them assebled or do you bolt on the wings when you get to the field? If you are separatign the wings from the bird I'll send you pics of my rig. I'm still working out how to transport the birds assembled so I'll be intersted in the asnwers. Perhaps we can work on a solution together.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:07 AM
dspadler
My Feedback: (22)

Default RE: Warbird Trailer Question

Im transporting with wings off. My trailer is a 5x10 so I cant haul them with wings on unless I set on plane in the bottom of the trailer at an angle and then I would have to install more wheel chocks for one plane and couldnt haul anything larger. I have my 60 size on gear hangers on the wall and have installed wheel chocks for my 28% Extra on the floor. But with the P-47 with wings off brings on more talk. Ive seen some guys have some sort of rack mounted to the wall of the trailelers with foam on them and they sorta cradle the fusalage but Im not sure how they are made or installed for stability.
Thanks