Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Radio frequencies

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Radio frequencies

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Wulf
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio frequencies

I`ve got 3 older Futaba(Hitec Eclipse) Radio systems(T4VF) and want to know if these will work with the newer systems.My friend just bought aT4YF transmitter and my Spectra mod. on the Hitec Eclipse was changed to his channel(R168DF reciever) but would not work,what gives?Is the digital proportional system different?He misstakenly bought the wrong crysal for his reciever and we wanted to use Eclipse to fly his plane-no go!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Jburry

Default RE: Radio frequencies

If your transmitter is a narrow band FM TX, it is current technology. Look for a gold AMA sticker on the back. So long as both the TX and RX are both either PCM or PPM, they should be able to talk, with one caveat:

There is one variable besides frequency that can bite you. That is what is called "shift", as in negative or positive shift. Some manufacturers use positive shift, and some use negative shift. One will not talk to the other (tho they can interfer!). I know JR vs Futaba and Hitec are opposite shifts, but can't comment on your specific equipment, as I'm not familiar with it.

Good luck,

J
Old 07-09-2008, 02:26 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Slow down and you talking about two many and different components to make any sense with a possible many different problems.

First order of busines one step at a time, exactly what make and model tx do you want to match to what make and model Rx?
Old 07-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Wulf
My Feedback: (5)

Just forget this post nad please forgive my ignorance..On further investigation I found that my friend ordered a car crystal by misstake and we found our blunder together this afternoon.I pulled one of my crysals from a reciever and installed it into his reciever and now we will fly his plane with my reciever.It works fine.Thanks to all who responded.
Dummy me!