Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Sanwa compatability with other companies

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Sanwa compatability with other companies

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 05:15 AM
berrs003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sanwa compatability with other companies

I would like to know whether i can use other companies (if so which ones) extension leads for servos?

I use a VG6000 and srm-102 servos. it is a z type connector?

THanks
Old 08-21-2008, 08:48 AM
mogman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sanwa compatability with other companies

A Z connector is blue in colour. and is compatible with Futaba, JR , Hitec etc. Just make sure the wiring is the same orientation, ie. black(-) on the outside, red(+) in the centre and signal on the other.On JR the neg(-) is brown. The signal could be white, yellow etc. The old sanwa/airtronics connector is wired backwards on the pos. and neg. and had three moulded-in ridges inside the plug. They will NOT work with anything else. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dave.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:04 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Sanwa compatability with other companies

The Airtronics Z , JR and Hitec S (sometimes referred to as universal) plugs are totally compatable in wiring polarity and mechanically (plugs fit each other). The Futaba J is the only odd man out The wiring polarity is compatable with the other three however the male J's will not fit the female S, JR or Z unless unless that single flange is removed with a #11 blade and shaved down a bit.

John