Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

need tower coupon

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

need tower coupon

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:01 PM
russ722
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need tower coupon

anyone have a coupon code for tower hobbies for 20 off $50 order for new customers? for some reason i didnt get one yet .
Old 10-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: need tower coupon

I haven't seen a $20 off $50 in 2 or 3 yrs. Not since they went to an employee stock ownership company.

The coupons they send out aren't near as good as they used to be. I can remember getting $20 off $50 coupons all the time, up until about 2005 or 2006. I also used to get $20 off $150. That was cool because you got the free shipping at the $150 mark. And you could redeem the $20 coupon and actually get the order shipped for $130. I used to get free shipping offers for orders over $50. Haven't seen one of those in a year.

It takes longer for them to process and actually mail the orders too. I used to pay for Priority shipping and I'd get the order in 3 or 4 days. Now even priority takes 5 or 6 business days, because the order sits in the r warehouse for 2 days before they pack it.

I still buy all my basic building supplies from Tower. Glue, pins, neat little tools etc.. I'm not usually in a hurry for that stuff. Everything else gets ordered from other vendors. If it's an emergency and it's under $20 or $30, I'll buy it locally.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:26 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah i noticed the priority shipping getting worse also. so i order far enough in advance and let them take all the time they feel they need. cheaper that way.

david
Old 10-24-2008, 03:45 PM
r2champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to take advantage of the great discounts that showed up via email, however I'm dissapointed in the last year or so. I let them know about it as well. After finally recieving a half-decent coupon after a long period with no orders with them, I decided to put together an order. I politely informed them, the more of these they send, the more money I spend. Hasn't seemd to make a difference . Oh well, more money to the LHS which I'd rather support anyhow. Seems to me they are recently having a hard time maintaining their reputation of the last half century.