Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Satio 150 compresson problems

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Satio 150 compresson problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 01:02 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Satio 150 compresson problems

Hey all. some help please

My Satio 150 has less than a gallon through it. Two weeks ago I had a sudden stoppage on a nosed over takeoff. Lots of dust and dirt in the cowling of the Ryan STA. Tried to start the engine and no compression.

Got to the valves loosened them up and reset them to0.002+ in. Now i have intermittent compression. On a hand flip good. hit it with the starter and I end up with blow by.

Any clues as to why the valves aren't seating all the time?

TIA from OKC :stupid:
Old 07-23-2003, 12:58 AM
tim thompson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satio 150 compresson problems

Happens to mine a lot! You need to get fuel in the cylinders. Check the needle seat. Is engine upsidedown? It happens a lot when they are. Keep working at it and get it broken in. Dust and dirt will destroy your engine do your brakins at home in your driveway where there is no temptation to fly!!!! Just work on the engine!!!

Tim
N318RC