Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C > R/C Sky Diving
Reload this Page >

Is Rc Skydive still in business ?

Notices
R/C Sky Diving Discuss all aspects of r/c sky diving and divers here!

Is Rc Skydive still in business ?

Old 06-17-2013, 03:11 PM
GavK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Rc Skydive still in business ?

Any one dealt with www.rcskydive.co.za/ . Maybe they are out of business, no replys to emails and facebook is gone.

If you have dealt with them or know any details please advise.

Gav
Old 06-18-2013, 09:52 AM
goldenknight1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Is Rc Skydive still in business ?

GavK: Go to rcskydiving forum and look for RLR and send him a message, he is part of the company in South Africa and they do make outstanding chutes.

goldenknight1
Old 06-18-2013, 10:19 AM
dmowery

Hi Bob -Glad to see you on here
Old 06-18-2013, 05:35 PM
GavK

Email arrived today with quote so looking good, will post results.
Works out very expensive in Aus$, guess we only live once, hope its as good as it sounds

Cheers

Gav
Old 08-07-2013, 02:15 AM
broodwa

Hi, I'm only seeing this thread now!

YES, we are certainly still in business alive and kicking!! Seeing myself and Riaan only do this part time we may not be able to reply to mails instantly, but we try our best!!

Gav's order is almost finished and will be going to Australia one of these days!!

Here are some feedback from recent customers around the world:

"Hello there Fanie its Michael from NZ here. I just wanted to let you know the skydiver has arrived and I am completely amazed but not surprised at the super high quality and finish of the workmanship you and Riaan have put into making the skydiver.Thank you also for putting in the time and effort to make and send me one of your skydivers.Finely got some nice weather today.Thought I would send you a picture of SAM skydiving in New Zealand. My heli gets him pretty high,I got another good 3d pilot to fly heli. Sam created a good buzz at the aero club today. and I am very impressed and and pleased how he goes. You and Riaan do a fantastic job of making them. 3 jumps down thousands to go lol"

"Hi Fanie, Beautiful construction ! wonderful details! I love the altimeter on his wrist. Wahoo!! 4 perfect jumps this morning after adjusting the control lines. My club is enthusiastic: talking about competition, etc. Many many thanks for making such a terrific realistic skydiver !! Thank you again for taking so much time and effort to put together such a fantastic product. Pictures to follow.
All the best, Howard" -France

Always nice to get feedback like this!!
Blues Skies
Old 12-24-2013, 11:56 PM
GavK

Hi all, attached pict of SAM under my Multirotor ready to jump at SADAC Flying Field in Sale Victoria Australia,
Fanie and Riaan make an excellent Skydiver would highly recommend his SAM.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nov 2013 009.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	1951058  
Old 03-20-2014, 07:47 PM
fly103-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Hi GavK, Looking to carry 2 to 4 Skydivers up with a Hexi Copter... Doesn't seem to be to many people around who can help me with motor, prop, speed control and battery sizes needed to accomplish an 8lb and a 16lb lift.. Would you have that info or know someone who could help me with this??

Thanks Ken
Old 07-11-2014, 01:35 AM
GavK

Originally Posted by fly103-RCU
Hi GavK, Looking to carry 2 to 4 Skydivers up with a Hexi Copter... Doesn't seem to be to many people around who can help me with motor, prop, speed control and battery sizes needed to accomplish an 8lb and a 16lb lift.. Would you have that info or know someone who could help me with this??

Thanks Ken
Hi Ken sorry for he delay I have not logged in here recently, plenty of info on heavy lift multirotors here and rc groups. Big difference between 8 and 16 lbs to lift, also need to watch c of g between loaded and unloaded.
My 550 was struggling with Sam, I now run a HK HAL frame, far superior to lift a jumper but would not try and lift more than one. Remember MR's do fly away crash etc would be sad to crash MR and Sam at the same time.
If time and height permitted maybe Sam could save him self from crashing.

Cheers
Gav
Old 07-21-2014, 08:29 PM
fly103-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Hi Gav, Its taken quit a bit of research but once I realized that anything over 8lbs was still being developed.. New motors in the lower KV area that we can afford have now started to show up and we are now working on a Hex Copter that should give us several lifts with 8lbs to 1000'.. I like the HK Hal frame also.. Been working on new jumper body box that will except standard or mechanical arms and also give room for another servo for free fall release and anything else someone might want to try.. new website www.solomonrc.com send me pics and video's to post so we can all see what's going on in other parts of the world.. Great hearing from you.. Keep intouch!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p45H_oOtTEs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p45H_oOtTEs