Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

which is a better nitro?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 06:31 PM
tazamazoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which is a better nitro?????

redcat racing nitro or exceed nitro? also when you get your nitro car besides a starter kit what else should you have thats a must for nitros ?? and do you have to oil your air filter after use ? were? please help???
Old 07-27-2011, 11:20 PM
ohiowoodsrider250r
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: which is a better nitro?????

i'm not sure what you're getting . but i would go for a quality rc like traxxas hpi mugen TA ..skip this nightmare you're setting yourself up for before you even go to bed.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:39 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Taz, if you are just getting into glow plug engines your going to need alot of cleaning stuff, old tooth brushes and paint brushes work great, you are also going to need good quality battery packs (6volt is best with plenty of amps).
Your original question is a bit confusing, what do you mean "which is better??? Redcat racing nitro or Exceed nitro.???"
Is it the fuel that you mean or the actual buggies???
Yes you have to oil the air filter, on the foam.
Just put the filter inside a plastic back and drip oil all over the filter, massage untill covered and totally absorbed.
Extra glow plugs are also handy as you will probably blow a couple in the beginning.
A good set of tools is essential.
Starter box makes starting the buggy a wip.
Spare set of tyres as the original ones will not last long.(spare rims is also handy).
If your question was which one to buy???Redcat racing buggy or Exceed buggy, thats easy, KYOSHO MP7.5.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:46 AM
ALISTAIR13

lrp are also good i just got an lrsp s8 rebel bx it goes well once broken in but needs a 2.4 ghz radio
Old 07-28-2011, 07:46 AM
MX250

go here for all your questinos & needs.

[link]http://www.rctech.net/forum/index.php[/link]
Old 07-29-2011, 09:12 AM
meef rustler

ORIGINAL: tazamazoo

redcat racing nitro or exceed nitro?    also when you get your nitro car besides a starter kit what else should you have thats a must for nitros ?? and do you have to oil your air filter after use ? were?                           please help???
Neither, don't buy any of those. Those brands are a good way to get a noob out of nitro. First check what your local hobby store carries. Basically what brand they carry parts for. If you dont care for paying shipping and the wait time, purchase a car from: HPI, Traxxas, Losi, Team Associated, or Kyosho.

You need nitro fuel [&:], a glow ignitor, a good hump pack or AA batteries, rags, Wd-40, after run oil, tools to work on ther car with, patience and common sense.

I usually oil the filter after I clean them. You oil the entire foam element. I usually put oil on the element and start squishing it so the oil is distributed throughout the foam element.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:28 PM
tazamazoo

ok well i got a Tamiya Nitrage Truggy. 5.2  4x4 nitro today off line i hope this is a better one then the ones i mentioned