Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

rc8.2 e first timer

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 09:17 PM
r1lerider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc8.2 e first timer

So after being out of the rc world for a few years I am jumping back in I have only ever done nitro cars and I got the 8.2e so my son can fool around with it to. I have a tekin t8/rx8 1900kv set up and I am looking for advice on batteries. I was sold dynamite 20c 5000mah silver series from lhs and after seeing the price difference online I am returning them. I think I will use nimh for when the kid fools around but for myself to take it to the track sometime what would you guys recomend?
Old 02-07-2013, 03:30 PM
speeddemon32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rc8.2 e first timer

i have the same story as you. out of it for a while, and just jumped in feet first again!
in my 8.2e im running turnegy (i think is the spelling) from hobby king.com I did some reading first, they seem to be about the most inexpensive for the price, with good things said about them.
hope that helps.
ooh and im running the same ESC motor setup... i think i would go higher on the C rating. 20 may not be enough. the reason I say that is my 25C battery gets pretty hot... LiPos should not get hot. so I just ordered a 40C battery. more money, but better than a fire. (last night the 25C I had in there puffed up... ruined a $50 battery.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: rc8.2 e first timer

Indeed, hobbyking is the place for cheap batteres. They sell three brands of varying quality. There are the Zippy (Flightmax) packs, which are the cheapest, and are adequate workhorse batteries, then there are the 'Turnigy' packs which are slightly better and slightly more expensive, then there are the 'Nanotech' packs which are slightly more expensive again, but are amongst the best batteries around. As said above you should be looking at at least 35C at 5000mah.