Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Ofna Hyper 9 Sneak Peak

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 06:43 PM
rcbeep73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ofna Hyper 9 Sneak Peak

i gave up waiting for the new hyper. so i swap a savage for a losi 8ight. i still have my ultra gt so i guess i wont miss much.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:25 PM
MX250

to hell with the waiting!!! I went ahead and switched to Hot Bodies D8... and I am super happy with this buggy...
Old 10-16-2008, 07:34 PM
DS

that is one of the best looking buggy's, it looks sweeter then the losi. Saw them go head to head and was sweet
Old 10-16-2008, 08:07 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

How long was it for the RC8 to come out? [sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif] If it takes longer and they get it right before it hits the street is the most important thing. [X(]
Old 10-16-2008, 08:44 PM
MX250

ORIGINAL: 46u

How long was it for the RC8 to come out? [sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif] If it takes longer and they get it right before it hits the street is the most important thing. [X(]
just make sure that you have your savings account ready...
Old 10-16-2008, 08:51 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: MX250

just make sure that you have your savings account ready...
If you actually owned a Hyper 9 there might be some meaning be hind this. I will not say what the Hyper 9 will be till it hits the streets and get some user feedback. [X(]
Old 10-16-2008, 09:02 PM
rcbeep73

to hell with the waiting!!! I went ahead and switched to Hot Bodies D8... and I am super happy with this buggy...
i was going to get the D8 but i was able to get the losi for $0.00. Can't beat that price
Old 10-16-2008, 09:07 PM
MX250

ORIGINAL: rcbeep73

i was going to get the D8 but i was able to get the losi for $0.00. Can't beat that price
Losi or Hot Bodies = a winning team!!!! anyways you made a good choice..
Old 10-16-2008, 09:36 PM
46u

Hyper 9 Wins Blue/Grey Chassic

OFNA Team Driver Robin Nelson wins with Hyper 9 Pro!

The top drivers from N.Carolina, S.Carolina and Georgia showed up for the Blue/Grey Classic on Sunday, August 31, 2008. Nitro Valley Speedway in Cherryville, NC hosted this event for over 100 professional and local drivers. Nitro Valley, located 30 miles from The Farm 2, host of the 2008 World’s.
This race marks OFNA's first big win on the East Coast with the new Hyper 9. Ryan Lopez TQ’d the Pro Buggy round, but he flamed out after battling Robin Nelson during the first half of the A-Main. Robin Nelson went on to win the A-Main with his Werks B7ProC powered Hyper 9.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:37 PM
46u

The new Hyper 9, driven by Jermey Kortz won last weekend at Revelations raceway. Jermey won the A-main after bumping up from the B-main. The Hyper 9 is not released and Jermey is still working with his prototype car, but OFNA is still hopeful the first shipments will be here in Nov.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:01 AM
rcbeep73

if the hyper is all we all hope it will be i will still get one. but i need something now until it comes.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:11 AM
46u

So do you guys think this will be the buggy to have from ofna? i look at the other companys and ofna is the only one that has what like 10 different kinds of buggys. makes me wonder why they have so many. i have three ultra gt two off road and on on road. i still race them today and do just as good as the losi and others. i guess it's just how you drive. but i am liking the hyper 9
You do understand Ofna does not manufacture anything they are only an importer for Hong Nor and Hoboa? If you want a good solid buggy until 9 comes out I recommend a Hyper 8.5 pro and you can get spare parts off ebay CHEAP. Now as far as the 9 goes I NEVER buy something when it first comes out as I let others evaluate it first.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:37 AM
MX250

rcbeep73... the best bang for the buck is the Hot Bodies D8... this buggy is the World Champ buggy and is just $350. Hot Bodies/HPI cust support is the best that you will find here in the US... unlike OFNA's cust support, as they are impossible to deal with.. the D8 has been a top pro class contender at the track every since the prototype buggy came out this summer.. I have the H8/8.5 buggy and the D8 and I will never again take the Hyper buggies to the track., the D8 was is just that much better than the H8/8.5 buggies and way cheaper... just look at the World Championship Race final event... Hot Bodies placed four D8's in the main event and won the World title as well.. not bad for a $350. new buggy... "all kinds of aftermarket options parts will be coming out withing weeks"..

just my .02cents
Old 10-17-2008, 09:46 AM
46u

I do agree HPI customer support is MUCH better then Ofna! The best place for Ofna support is there forums. Best support for HPI sister company Hot Bodies which I think is handled by HPI of America is phone as it might take days or weeks to get an answer by email. Get what ever makes you happy and keep in mind the main thing is to have fun. Yes in the worlds the closes winner was 8th but when your running against over 300 or the worlds top drivers not to shabby. All so the Hyper 8.5 was European champion 2007 and came in second in 2008. [X(]
Old 10-17-2008, 10:25 AM
MX250

I do agree HPI customer support is MUCH better then Ofna! The best place for Ofna support is there forums. Best support for HPI sister company Hot Bodies which I think is handled by HPI of America is phone as it might take days or weeks to get an answer by email. Get what ever makes you happy and keep in mind the main thing is to have fun. Yes in the worlds the closes winner was 8th but when your running against over 300 or the worlds top drivers not to shabby. All so the Hyper 8.5 was European champion 2007 and came in second in 2008. [X(]
the Hyper8/8.5 gets a big 10-4!!
BTW... I get results from HPI over the phone every time I call.. , their email support is very good as well...
Old 10-17-2008, 10:31 AM
rcbeep73

the hobby store by me tells me the hot bodies is like a ofna. made by the same plant. not sure about that thou. maybe he just does not like the buggy not sure but that's what he says so don't get mad at me. my buddy has the lightning hot bodies and he loves it very fast on the take off but he needs to work on his turning. he always hits or over shoots the turns.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:35 AM
46u

the Hyper8/8.5 gets a big 10-4!!
BTW... I get results from HPI over the phone every time I call.. , their email support is very good as well...
I owen 4 HPI cars and trucks and have not been in touch with HPI of America in a couple of years. Back then there email support was not real good but glade to see things seem to of changed. I have a question for them about some big bore shocks I want for my Savage so I guess this will be a way to see.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:43 AM
46u

the hobby store by me tells me the hot bodies is like a ofna. made by the same plant. not sure about that thou. maybe he just does not like the buggy not sure but that's what he says so don't get mad at me. my buddy has the lightning hot bodies and he loves it very fast on the take off but he needs to work on his turning. he always hits or over shoots the turns.
Ofna does not manufacture anything they are only a USA distributor for Hong Nor and Hobao which are two totally different Companies so the guy at the hobby shop is not up on the facts!!!!!! I would not even start to compare the Hot Bodies Lightning to the D8. I hope to get a chance to drive my friends D8 one day then I will have an real opinion.