Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

After Run Oil with Sidewinder Fuel

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

After Run Oil with Sidewinder Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:39 AM
tommygun32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Run Oil with Sidewinder Fuel

I hate to say this, but for the first time I actually read the labels on the one gallon container of 30% Sidewinder Fuel i bought today.

First notice that hit me was the one that reads "DO NOT USE AFTER RUN OIL" Sidewinder fuel already includes a lubricant.

What say you guys???
Old 10-09-2008, 08:49 AM
slayerphonics

Default RE: After Run Oil with Sidewinder Fuel

If your storing your engine, use ARO, if your running at least once every few weeks and its stored in a climate controlled area, I don't think its needed, most fuels leave plenty of castor oil behind and most of the components inside are coated with castor oil all the time.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:55 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I ran Sidewinder for a short time till I found other fuel I liked MUCH better and I all ways used after run oil as it is just cheap insurance. A bottle of after run oil is a few dollars and an engine cost $$$.[X(]
Old 10-09-2008, 09:38 AM
musclecar64

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

If your storing your engine, use ARO, if your running at least once every few weeks and its stored in a climate controlled area, I don't think its needed, most fuels leave plenty of castor oil behind and most of the components inside are coated with castor oil all the time.
+1. You don't need after run oil unless the engine won't be run for more than a couple weeks. I only use it when I plan on not running for a few weeks. In doing so, I've never had an engine fail because of internal corrosion.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:05 AM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

I hate to say this, but for the first time I actually read the labels on the one gallon container of 30% Sidewinder Fuel i bought today.

First notice that hit me was the one that reads "DO NOT USE AFTER RUN OIL" Sidewinder fuel already includes a lubricant.

What say you guys???
One of the reasons I use sidewinder(has after run oil in it) the prices of some nitro at the moment makes it a good choice ... cost for lhs is $30 for nitrotane and I can get a gallon of sidewinder for that price ... at the moment I am cosideering changing cause I have a freind who bought half a pallat of odonnel %30 gen2 back in april foer about half the price what it is now per gal
Old 10-09-2008, 11:16 AM
MX250

sidewinder does contains after run oil... I've been using the sidewinder 30% worlds formula for two years with out having any issues after storing some engines for several months.. I just turn the flywheel on my stored engines twice a month and that is it... I will never use any other brand besides sidewinder...
Old 10-09-2008, 01:24 PM
youwish16

ORIGINAL: MX250

sidewinder does contains after run oil... I've been using the sidewinder 30% worlds formula for two years with out having any issues after storing some engines for several months.. I just turn the flywheel on my stored engines twice a month and that is it... I will never use any other brand besides sidewinder...
i use sidewinder also and i dont use aro. i havent had any problems but all my stuff is stored in the house where its 72-75 degrees all the time
Old 10-09-2008, 02:11 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: mabuecker

What say you guys???
One of the reasons I use sidewinder(has after run oil in it) the prices of some nitro at the moment makes it a good choice ... cost for lhs is $30 for nitrotane and I can get a gallon of sidewinder for that price ... at the moment I am cosideering changing cause I have a freind who bought half a pallat of odonnel %30 gen2 back in april foer about half the price what it is now per gal
Maybe I misunderstand what you are saying but O'Donnell does not make Gen2 Byron does. O'Donnell makes Race and R2R (Ready To Run) blends.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:34 PM
jamstar47

i use byrons race gen 2 do i need to after run my engine if im putting it up for 3 weeks ?
Old 10-09-2008, 08:20 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: 46u

ORIGINAL: mabuecker

What say you guys???
Maybe I misunderstand what you are saying but O'Donnell does not make Gen2 Byron does. O'Donnell makes Race and R2R (Ready To Run) blends.
ah ha I have never used it I know he has 3 cases left of either the odonell %30 or byrons %30... I thought he said odonnel and I asked if it was gen 2 and thought he said yeah lol ... he was unloading all it (back in june)and we have discussed me buying some again within past month ... ***thats why I read this forum , to read and learn ... I do believe I will buy some regardless and put down in the cellar ...
Old 10-09-2008, 09:59 PM
46u

I have not raced in about 6 months and the last case of Byron Gen 2 I bought cost me $70 shipped.