Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Spectrum Vs. AM/FM

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 04:22 PM
RC_HAVOC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectrum Vs. AM/FM

Is it really worth the price to go to Spectrum? I've been using the AM radios for a while now and seeing how alot of people say they will never go back makes me want one. Do they have that weired delay when you buggy is out farther from you like the AM/FM do? What about better overall control?

Thanks guys
Old 02-26-2009, 05:06 PM
nissan300ztt

Default RE: Spectrum Vs. AM/FM

Well the spektrum is alot harder to interfere with.And in some race leagues you need SPEKTRUM or other DSM. And you car and radio use less power because its digital. And I say the range is a bit further with the spektrum. I have a spektrum dx3s on my REVO, RC8, HYPER 7, XB8 and now a Losi MINI MONSTER BAJA. And its amazing. Lots more options different setup you can set more precisely your throttle and steering stop.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:17 PM
JamieKerr

But then again, you will find most top drivers still using fm/am radios..? I have just got a Spectrum DX3R-Love it..
Old 02-26-2009, 06:43 PM
K_B

You won't see a single pro using AM, that's for sure. But many still use FM. FM is fine for most. The big plus with Spektrum is that you don't have to worry about frequency conflicts at races. There is no need to carry around a set of crystals. But if you're not racing, then Spektrum is not necessary. But FM is a bajillion times better than AM. Far less glitchy and better range.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:02 PM
RC_HAVOC

Bajillion seems loke a good reason to go FM . ATM hobby people have the MX-3FG for $150. Might go with that.

Thanks for the advice
Old 02-27-2009, 11:43 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I have run 2.4GHz radios now for about 3 years and I will NEVER go back to FM. You just cannot beat 2.4GHz in my opinion!!!!!! I do believe in 5 or so years FM will be hard to find.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:39 PM
cltcrns

Is it woth the price not to? Once you go 2.4ghz you will NEVER go back! The control and settings you have is mind blowing, you will NEVER have any interference and the only delay you can have is the delay you set it for if you so desire. AM/FM is a beginner system IMO. I have seen the MX3FHSS transmitter and receiver for $125 on sale, anyone can afford that if your into this hobby.................
P.S.
Don't skimp on servo's either.....