Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Getting First Airboat

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:32 PM
BackHandPuppet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting First Airboat

I'm getting an airboat for the first time. What do you recommend? Is the Big Swamp Buggy by Dumas with a .60 engine a good boat?

Josh
Old 11-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Selph-Inflicted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting First Airboat

Here is a thread that asks the same question.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3390807/tm.htm]Which Airboat Do You Prefer?[/link]

Welcome to the world of rc airboats! Your guaranteed to have a blast!!

I've never owned a Dumas Buggy or any other manufactured boat.

Good luck with your future project.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:10 AM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Getting First Airboat

ORIGINAL: BackHandPuppet

I'm getting an airboat for the first time. What do you recommend? Is the Big Swamp Buggy by Dumas with a .60 engine a good boat?

Josh
Depending on what it is that your wanting from your airboat. I have ran the Big Swamp Buggy around the yard, and it did ok, have never ran or seen one run in the water. You can make mods. to the hull to make it stronger, such as a thin strip of fiber-glassing on the seams. The main thing with any kit boat is how you build it, if you don't take the time to place the parts square and true, you will have a boat that is hard to control.
Before you buy, take the time to check into other kit boats, find someone that has the swamp buggy, watch it run, or you may be able to find video's on here with one running. There is also others that offer kit boats, Selph-Inflicted has a couple of boats that he offers. I also have a line of Cajun Gator Airboats.
Dumas has good boats, and part of the hobby is to get your boat to run and handle like you want it to. It is a good feeling to have a boat that you put together with your hands, and adding in mods. that work for you is a better feeling. Also keep in mind with any boat, it is give and take, the trick to it is finding that point inbetween that works. Good luck on your choice, and you will find help on here as you build your new airboat, as needed.