Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Decision on what kind of r/c boat to buy?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Decision on what kind of r/c boat to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 07:55 PM
evildarkside_13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decision on what kind of r/c boat to buy?

I was looking on the bonzi web site, looking at a 64"Fountain RTR w/BZx4 modified G260PUM, RTR w/BZx2 modified Zenoah G260PUM, w/Single Bz1 Mod Inline Zenoa.
Was looking to see of people thoughts. My other pic was a 60" or 67" catamaran style aswell and seen radteks 92" custom boats and deciding weather to buy a RTR boat or buy the hull of radteks and buy everything I need to build it. which I would need help on.

If anybody could help me out I would really appreciate it. Just looking for your thoughts on a really cool big R/C boat to buy.
[TABLE="class: productListingData"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 07-28-2014, 11:48 AM
pistol18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you had other large RC boats before? If so, I've had a few Rio 51's and they are a fun boat, real good bang for the buck. Also, have WHH Magnum 57's and they are fun, rougher water hull(fine on smooth water too)

While these are the biggest I've owned, I will say the 57 size maeks it hard to fit it and my Rio 51 in my suv, the 92" boat you mention might need a large pickup or trailer just to get it to the water.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:30 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Seriosly, that's a lot of boat. Hopefully you have a vehicle big enough to haul it around in.
Have you built a boat before? If not, it's not as easy as it looks, even harder if you don't have someone around to help you.
I can't say that I'm a fan of Bonzi' boats ut even if you were going to buy one anyway, you're going to have a handful and may be overwhelmed with it.