Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Used Neptune 28 Boat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Used Neptune 28 Boat

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 10:50 PM
Budget Guy RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used Neptune 28 Boat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aC6...j79BRdZnZSo7zQ this is a video of a used Neptune boat i got for $30.00 has a little issue with turning it has dual 380 motors and they are your rudder when you go to turn 1 motor slows while the other 1 turns the boat but with mine if you trim the steering to the middle or neutral area it keeps going left when coming at you so i had to trim it all the way to the right to help it i figure the right motor is stronger than the left and that is why this happening now my question is should i just run it as is since i got it for a good price or try to replace both 380 motors so the steering might track right or mod it by adding a rudder to it so the motors don't have to turn it opinions and advice welcome

Last edited by Budget Guy RC; 08-27-2014 at 10:52 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 08-28-2014, 01:51 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

It might not be the motors - one of the shafts could be binding. Not much, it doesn't need much to have a noticeable effect.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:51 AM
Budget Guy RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never thought of that well guess i should check the left shaft first since the right seems to have more power thanks for the tip this is my first rc boat i'm a noob i'll take all the help or advice and tips i can get thanks
Old 10-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Djinn777

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you found any upgrades for this boat? I just recently got one and not long after the esc went out so i put tue one from the airplane they sell at harbor freight in it. Is there any where to order factory parts for it also? I cant find one online anywhere!!! But my most emediat question, do you know what size props ill need to order for it? Thanks man. This boat has been a bunch of fun. Im just trying to keep it going.