Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC Surfer

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 02:11 PM
kitekook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

100 POSTS!!!!

Thank You all for putting up with me...

You know how we always get approached on a daily basis at the beach while Surfing...

Had an idea! Why not give out cards to the folks with the means to find out more?

Here is the card I have put together to hand out....

Front of card...

that has most of my info on it....

Here is melika on the back...

Each of the 'divas can have their own card!

Here is Tina on the back...

These are printed on my inkjet printer. The beauty of this is I can change it at any time, get a better picture....new card!...new supplier of Surfers...no probloma 'bro.

Avery #8871 2 sided business cards

I think this will help the folks I meet share the stoke with others... and give them a chance to share the photos they may take of us surfing...on the new facebook page[8D] and hook up with the suppliers of Surfers...

Yes, Facebook...I have resisted, but welcome to the new age...youth will probably tell me that FB is so yesterday....and that Instagramm is where its at...I'm old so this will have to do.

And,, Yes, Suppliers! I am not interested in Retail. I get asked every day why I don't sell them? Seems a guy can't have a hobby anymore...it's all about making money.

I think trading cards would be fun!!!

See you in the Surf!

edit: just realized that its surfer not surfers...sorry Maui. will correct that right away.[:@]
edit: fixed it right.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Cananzi

ypc

main board i run atm in the pic

not sure on measurements but its same as a plastic NQD length wise but 2inch wider and thicker

running a leopard 3660 1480kv ,4s 5800 25c , 32mm prop. hardly any lead on keel as the lipo weight is used to self right ,lipo is on inside of the keel ,not sure on weight of board as I have no scales im guessing 2-3kg .dual lines for cooling with the inlets facing forwards up front and the outlets out the rear of rails .running the plastic figurines dudes/dudettes

when i built that board i wasnt concerned about weight more so getting it to ride realistic in the way it turns and pulls tricks.....the board carves,lands tricks extremely well and hardly ever catches rails which for me is extremely important in a board.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74385.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1740707  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Hughengland

Just a few pictures of my Sheila to keep the stoke going.
Swell has been way too small for a week now..hungry for the big ones again.

Hey Dominic - have you tried out your rc surfer at "Long Beach" yet?
- I remember getting some of the best tubes of my life there, back in 1975
- frigging coldest water I have ever surfed.

Aloha from Maui

Name:	Ca82572.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1740721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71039.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1740722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pv52985.jpg
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1740723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lf93672.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1740724   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uf50042.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1740725  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Cananzi

hugh

nice pics. looks like sheila shreds
Old 03-20-2012, 04:19 AM
YPC

Hey Guys !

Thanks Fish for getting me 'in' to the forum ....................................... back door !

Hey Kite - I like your card designs - you will need 'plenty'

Kananzi- thanks for the info - board rides high out the water - less drag !

Hugh - spot on pics - YES ! 'LONG BEACH' is our home ATLANTIC beach break - surfed it since a kid - can get crowded with surfers though.
Keeps the motor and ESC very coooooooooooooooooooooooool....................... .........................

Doing a PAINT JOB on my first board - Man! this is Fun ! A few more touches -then the clear coat - Colour does the trick..............................

Surfcurls - good to catch up with you !

Regards
Dominic (YPC)

Name:	Jh17089.jpg
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	1740811   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68190.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	1740812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24494.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1740813  
Old 03-20-2012, 04:21 AM
YPC

Sorry Guys !
Having problems with the Forum
Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Old 03-20-2012, 05:37 AM
itsfishi

rebuild is killing me, got it all back together this morning thinking im gonna get a surf today but no, got massive vibration issue in the shaft. its all lined up nice but give it some throttle and twangas, really really bad vibes, think its to do with longer cable etc anyway have had some progress and got it mostly sorted but still got some pretty bad vibes going on, have been trying all day, it seems my motor has a small wobble ive had it apart and cant fix it and i thiink its that that is translating to the prop end. havnt got any other motor to try on it either. might just have to give her a run like it is.

nice paint dom

nice shots hugh

everyones goin off

im going to bed

New bro figure from dom should be here tomorrow

later
Old 03-20-2012, 08:06 AM
RC HAWAIIAN STYLE

kite

your a grafick artist to,, what cant you do ,,looks great

YPC sick paint job

Maui john
Old 03-20-2012, 09:09 AM
YPC

Thanks for the 'ratings' guys !

The board is becoming my oldest son (10) Nicholas's - He's favorite colour is 'green' and he loves 'fish' - so we tried a green board with a 'fish scale deck effect' - kind of !
He is Stoked !

Fish - have a check to see that the flex shaft is TRUE at the point it joins the drive shaft. ( the glued joint) Often it is out of alignment at that point.
Take it out of the stuffing tube and 'roll' the joint on a FLAT surface - when you re glue it - do the same - roll it on a flat surface to ensure that it sets TRUE.
You could also check to see that the collet inside the motor coupling has no dirt in it as it could pull skew when you tighten it up. Also see that it is in the correct way round
As long as the flex shaft is housed in the brass stuffing tube - it will not cause a vibration
More than likely the first point (Flex/drive shaft joint. Best sort it our or it will wreck your hull.

Regards
Dominic (YPC)

Name:	Rp42821.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	1740830   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18683.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1740831  
Old 03-20-2012, 04:34 PM
dreadrock

Gday all, cheers for the info and thoughts. Looks like that's confirmed then, custom it is.
With regard to run times etc i belive that all points raised are truely valid, the longer the better but that's just a bonus really as long as it all works/performs as it should, a little forward planning will certainly help here.
Dom they're some usefull formulas you've posted up here, in particular the battery selection for me as i'm still trying to get my head around the electric world (gas background(fill it up and go again)), the best advice i'd recieved to this point was get the highest C rating you can afford. Kind of made sense at the time so all my packs are 45-90C.
Uumm as for foam in the hand yet, no not quite, i still have to finish off the little jet first (bench space) then i should be good to go. While on the subject does anyone know where to get the uv/sun cure resigns here in Australia?, i like the idea of having the extra time to get everything how i want it without racing the clock.
Keep up the good work, and stoke YEEEEW
CheersNigel
Oh yeah myfavourite card there Kite is the first 1, i'm a sucker for anime..lol

Old 03-20-2012, 06:27 PM
itsfishi

you have made the right choice dread. go for it.

im knew i was addicted to this but truly now its becoming a problem, i have blown my whole weeks beer money(except for 1 beer for my new friend)on my board

Dom true joint - done already 1st attempt was bad so made a jig with brass pipe and redid and is good. also collet already done, im sure its the motor, have got it to a bearable level.

and yes have done some testing, of course this is the day the mail lady comes early when im out testing.

good results so far and am reducing the jimirocker as i go to find the sweet spot.

27mm plastic prop 4s got 36km/hr and very stable and carves hard.

tried the 30mm metal prop but it is out of balance and must be affecting things anyway got 41km/hr and stable! big change form before, also varving hard. then took some more rocker off and pretty sure she was even faster but did not gps it, but it seemed alot less stable but the wind had picked up heaps and not smooth water anymore so not sure. pretty happy though will post vid soon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edl6hJQQA6g[/youtube]
Old 03-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Cananzi

dom

paint looks wicked,great effect.

fish

I had the same thing with one of the orange turnigy motors the shaft bent, it was only slightly too. i have notice they have stop making them orange motors. they were bang for buck tho!

dread

http://www.southcoastfoam.com.au/ they sell uv powder that you mix with your resin.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:54 PM
YPC

Fish - So far - so Good with the results.

Well done !

Talking about FAR - Great news that Bro has made the trip safely to Australia - The vid is rated PRIVATE - what did you do to Bro' to make him Australian...........LOL ?

Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Old 03-20-2012, 10:14 PM
YPC

Hey Guys

I'm 21 + 26 today !!!!!!

How awesome is my 'PRESENT'...............................Go - Go Pro !

Regards
Dominic (YPC)

Do I attach the mount to my forehead.........................................?

Name:	Wt59120.jpg
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1741022  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:00 PM
itsfishi

Happy birthday mate, sick present. vid is now public. i just welcomed him to Australia.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:09 AM
itsfishi

Cana thats interesting you had same issue with orange motor 5mm shaft would not think that could bend but....., i would definatley buy another really good value. so gotta find another motor.

Dom would the longer cable be making any motorshaft vibration more noticable than shorter, also i put a short smaller diametre tube at the motor end to try hold the grease better could this be an issue, otherwise its the same setup as before just longer. what i have done to make it usable is insert a smaller diametre tube with holes drilled in it all over up the shaft and when its greased it works but it must add a lot more friction. lotta time spent to end with such an issue. will post some pics just gotta take em

later
Old 03-21-2012, 01:14 AM
itsfishi

couple shots of the mods

Name:	Bz78370.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	1741033   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je11165.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	365.5 KB
ID:	1741034   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26462.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1741035  
Old 03-21-2012, 04:36 AM
YPC

Hi Fish

Thanks for the Birthday wishes - if I get presents like this every birthday - I would not mind getting older.

The length of the flex shaft should NOT be an issue as long as the fit is correct.
It may be that there is to much play between the stuffing tube inner wall and the flex shaft outer - fitting the extra brass tube could be taking up the unwanted play - flex shafts need to be snug - most guys use a teflon tube.

Bro seems to fit on the NQD board very nicely - He seems to have Lisa in a very compromising position .......................... keep a close eye on those two.............LOL
Once you have the mountings sorted - It will be great to realize the Surfing results.

I see you are not only able to Film and pilot rc surfers with one hand, you are able to 'open and pour a beer as well........................LOL - Bro must have loves that after the long flight.

Regards
Dominic (YPC)

Name:	Xv65685.jpg
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	1741044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64149.jpg
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	1741045  
Old 03-21-2012, 06:57 AM
kitekook

Yesterday, first day of Spring here in San Diego...

got to the beach a little late, tide was going way out...

did manage a few good waves

surfing sure reminds me of skiing in an avalanche!

This picture reminds me that we send our Surfers out into extreme conditions...conditions I'm guessing we would not go out in ourselves if we scaled them to our size...

packs are charged and ready for some more fun...
Old 03-21-2012, 07:36 AM
YPC

Hi Kite
What a beautiful AZURE sky !
Great pics - are those GOPRO camera pics - if so what program are you using to edit.
Regards
Dominic (YPC)
Old 03-21-2012, 12:12 PM
RC HAWAIIAN STYLE

fish

that"sfunny

john
Old 03-21-2012, 03:08 PM
itsfishi

Glad you got a kick out of it john. lol i did my son did my wife rolled her eyes lol.

im all juiced up and heading for a surf, got a pack in early, board is riding awesome, will try for some footage and put the new boi through his paces.

happy days waves and stuff

later

Old 03-21-2012, 03:45 PM
dreadrock

Haha that's funny as, i love the accents ...lmao
Thanks for the link Cananzi..i managed to source some localy (MId Coast Surf(for anyone is South OZ)) so the build should start some time next wk.
Happy Birthday Dom, cool presie to boot, can't wait to see it action
Cheers Nigel

Old 03-22-2012, 02:09 AM
itsfishi

Surf report

6ft ese swell

rc scale surf report

36ft ese swell......pumping

it was a great day. started at the point near my house, ran 1 pack was not real good so packed up got back on my bike and moved on to Shellharbour beach. ran another pack and was not doing it for me so back on the bike and up and over the hill to Cowries. Dom i know you asked me to take it easy on your boy to start but Cowries was calling and since he's been naturalised i thought it was time to introduce him to his new favourite break and see what he could do, and do he did. Had 4 4s packs left and blew em all for over an hour of run time, i set a 15 minute timer when i go out there, when it goes off i grab a couple last waves then bring him in safely before cutoff. man i love that spot. wish real surfers didnt love it so much too, but not too many out and for a while only 2 so when they had a ride i got the pick of it and managed to grab a couple of set waves. the rest of the time was picking up anything left, was plenty good anyway and was just getting wave after wave of right hand joy(lol that could sound funny) board is riding better than ever and new dude works great, so much bigger in the water and on the board. Much more scale than lisa he also righted better than my lisa would so giving the thumbs up for him so far, and no rock bites today so all in all a great sesh. will give you all a more in depth report on him after he has had more wave time and see how he holds up.
later
Old 03-22-2012, 02:45 AM
YPC

Hey Fish

36 ft - for his first 'paddle out' - nothing like the 'deep end' ..................................lol

Glad you seemed to have got the mountings sorted! well done

I am happy to hear that the board 'mods' have worked out and producing better performance. Has it enabled the board to run 'smoother' less bounce at speed - does it lift the nose more, when you 'stab' the throttle.. how is it turning on the face...................etc.

Very Happy to hear that Bro' is handling the point break. I was keen to see if his bigger visual presence on the wave made a significant difference- and its seems to be so !
Perhaps it will help when you want to pilot from the hill top.
You were also concerned about his 'self righting' due to his flexibility - but - its working well ! .......................................... awesome !

Cant wait to show the family some YT footage of their BRO' shredding Cowries ....................................... Go Bro !

Go Big ! .......................... yes ! I said it..........................LOL

Regards
Dominic (YPC)

Name:	Tr51018.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1741342  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.