Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

pro boats blackjack

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

pro boats blackjack

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 11:30 AM
dpb73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pro boats blackjack

is their something wrong with proboats steerable drive system. I've read some of the post bash it. I was planing on getting the new blackjack when it comes out. (it will be my first boat. )
Old 06-26-2007, 03:37 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: pro boats blackjack

From what I've read, people have been breaking U-joints on the nitro version of the BJ 26. Looks like the same hardware is on the brushless version, so the same problem is expected. I'd really like to get this new BL version, but I figure I'll wait and see some reviews of it first.

I have the Proboat Schockwave 26 EP RS (brushed electric), and the U-joint is holding up fine, but it has considerably less stress to deal with!
Old 06-26-2007, 03:47 PM
cmiller73

Yes, there is a problem with the stock drive system on the Nitro BJ26. some people have had problems and others have not. My buddy got about 2 hours of total running on the outdrive system. I don't think the Ujoints can handle the RPM of the DYN engines. The outdrive is also on the BL version as -pkh- said. I guess that the RPM range on the BL would be less than the Nitro but, I'm sure failure will still happen.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:17 PM
jsmith

It's all plastic anyway, I would take it off and go to Twisted Liquid Racing and buy there in line skater system for the bj26