Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

A Bad Day At The Lake (*****hole At The Park)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

A Bad Day At The Lake (*****hole At The Park)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 02:06 AM
hpiguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Bad Day At The Lake (*****hole At The Park)

Originally posted by RcBoatLover

Can the city tell us to stop with out making some kind of law against it? What can I do to prevent this from happening? I would like to talk to somebody about having certain days or times for running the boats, but I worrie that it will just add fuel to the fire.
If the cops tell you that you are causing a disturbance you have to stop. Getting mouthy as some people suggest will only get you fines. I've seen R/Cers work with the city in a grown up and mature manner and get a nice place to run. And I've seen cocky R/C boaters get kicked off all public waters FOREVER.

If the water you run on is managed in ANYWAY by the DNR or other natural resources divisions they have the final say on what you can and can't do. AND the fishermen, pleasure boaters, birds, fish, frogs take priority over running R/C devices.

The reason: Fishermen and boaters DIRECTLY contribute approx 13 BILLION dollars to the enhancement and betterment of the natural resources around the country each and every year. R/Cers contribute mear thousands if that. And usually only if it's a local club with a large membership. Money talks and unfortunately R/Cers walk in most cases.

I am an R/Cer, and and avid fiesherman. I have only had a fewproblems in my years and have managed to solve all of them with a cool head. Intimidation, or attempting to control each individual situation will only cause you, the R/Cer, more headaches.

When in doubt, pack up and walk away. The police will see you are the better person. By ALL of your local boaters doing this you can have a mighty voice when it comes time to talk to the council, mayor, etc for a boating area. Argue, intimidate and smart off like you are a lawyer will leave you high and dry. Literally.

Good luck to all of you that get kicked off or pushed out of your water. Do the right thing and you'll win in the end.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:15 AM
RcBoatLover
My Feedback: (1)

Good advice! I just joined a club and now I only plan to run at the city pond once in awhile. The club has a very nice pond and is for RC Boaters ONLY!!! The park has several other ponds that the fishermen can use. The only problem is that the club pond is 25 mi. away instead of just minutes like the city park.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:10 AM
hifonixs

Default MY OUTCOME

first i would like to say to remy . since the post i kicked some polition butt started s.c.m.b.a got 40 people in the club now so its not just me against the world. kinda like a union. lol . town hall lake is ours for the taking. no more problems as the duck . seems he had a boating accident of his own. you had to see my face when he showed up at my boat marina in copiague ny. kicked his butt right out . was worth the headache he cuased me 10 fold. we also have artist lake on lock down and thats our meeting place. things were alot easier around here when u were around remy. but i am trying to get things rolling and have been doing great. thanks for the reply's and everybody enjoy your hobbies.....

i got the last laugh..
Old 07-10-2003, 05:23 AM
burbbuilder

you guys want a messed up situation.

last yr i was on my 6.5 acre lot in illinois. its the last chance i will ever have to drive my rc boat out there. i get the boat started and im running good. had about five minutes into my run when some dip comes and hops my fence around my lot and decides to fish in my custom built pond which took me my dad ,uncle, friends and grandfather 3yrs to fully build. we bought fish and we filled it with our water and MONEY. he casts his line on the opposite side and starts to fish. i grab my boat walk over to him and tell him he should leave unless he askes permission to use my pond and if he dosent leave i will call the cops. this guy ignores me at first then realizes im twice his size. he grabs his pole proceeds to walk away and goes to the opposite side. i thought what a ****. i get back over there after calling the cops and have him esscorted off. an hour later he throws posion in the lake to kill the fish i again contact the police and he is taken away to cool down. as for my lake i found that it was actually somewhat acidic poision and it eats through the hull of the boat. and the cops did nothin
Old 07-10-2003, 09:33 PM
hpiguy

I'd like to see some proof of a story like this. Like apolice report or the website for your states criminal arrests, etc. ALL states have them. It's all a little far fetched to believe.

BTW anyone that knows ANYTHING about weapons knows that a "flak" jacket will not stop rifle fire. Small arms MAYBE but never rifle. They aren't made for that purpose.

Next time you are gonna post some BS like that make sure you warn us.

I'll put on my big boots.

Old 07-10-2003, 11:35 PM
burbbuilder

duh
Old 07-10-2003, 11:48 PM
Buz^
My Feedback: (2)

I wonder why you weren't arrested for the automatic, oh yea, its your story and I should just let you tell it your way.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:50 PM
burbbuilder

what????
Old 07-11-2003, 01:58 AM
hpiguy

Originally posted by Buz^
I wonder why you weren't arrested for the automatic, oh yea, its your story and I should just let you tell it your way.
hehehehe
Old 07-11-2003, 02:03 AM
hpiguy

Originally posted by maxxoverload
yes u retard i know a flak jacket wont stop a bullet but in my old state (if you could read you would know i dont live there anymore)
bulletproof vest are hard to come by. i didnt say i was going to stop a dang bullet with it i put it on to reduce the blows incase we got into a fist fight and to prevent him from continous punches to the chest. my boat was trashed if i had pics ide show u. he put a hole thru the side and out the other. i would have got it but i had a freak with a gun and my neck to worry about. the police reports are somewhere and i sold my gun because it was illegal here in cali. the guy only threatened me, but did not shot me. they found out he lost it. thats the reason for the sanitarium.
when i find some papers ill post them for u. ive been into weaponry since i was six. i know quite a lot about guns. dont tell me i dont know jack.
With your poor typing, BS stories, and lame insults and comebacks you can't be believed. You type and act like a 13 year old punk.

Bulletproof jackets are hard to come by in your old state ..... BS. They can be purchased by anyone, anywhere over the internet.

Automatic weapons are illegal in California and that's why you sold it? Automatic weapons are ILLEGAL in EVERY state in the USA. You commited a felony just by owning one.

Your stories are BS and you know it. Go away until you can think of lies that people can't pick apart on you.

YOU IMPRESS NOONE.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:25 AM
RcBoatLover
My Feedback: (1)

Who cares if bullet proof jackets are easy to get, or if automatic weapons are illegal in every state? It's just a story, why do you have to pick it apart?

This was a great thread untill you started slinging mud! If you don't think the story is true, please just laugh to your self and move on. I know you just want to hear that your RIGHT, but it's getting quite annoying! This isn't the first time!
Old 07-11-2003, 03:05 AM
leisure lake

I agree with RCBoatLover--Chill out guys, This is not the reason this forum exsists.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:41 AM
hifonixs

Default the heads up

i started this post to get everyones side so just like ur post matters so does thiers . we dont start any when we use our boats... ITS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE . ALWAYS. SO WE DONT LOOK FOR FIGHTS UNLESS YOU DO WHEN YOU GO? DO YOU? I DIDNT THINK SO. so if some guys come on your property and wont leave and comes back with a gun what would you do? the rc boater didnt go look for him . the guy came looking for him.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:15 AM
leisure lake

I think you may have taken my post all wrong, I do not disagree with maxxoverload, heck if that jerk he dealt with was in "the bluffs" (my home) he would have been lucky to walk away. I just hate to see our r/c buddies *****in at each other.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:57 PM
RobertWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

It's great to own your own pond to R/C boat in, I'm just getting back into boating, and plan on just boating in my pond, unforulty there are people that jump my fence to fish out of it, but I have never put up no trespasing signs, so those will be the first thing to put up, the first person to jump the fence then will have a nice talk with the local police.

The R/c Plane club I'm in had a simular problem at a air field we had leased for over 6 years, a person moved into a house 2 years ago and said that we where making too much nosie, she even called the police and one of the clubs members got a ticket for "nosie polution", the local Judge came to the field and watch us fly, the house where the woman lives is over 1/4 mile from the center of the runway"per GPS", and the judge went to the womans house and couldnt hear the planes running, on see them, so in a court of law we had proven there was no "nosie" problem, did this stop the woman ????, no she then started calling the county commisner that is part of a board that runs the land, and complaning to him, she called everyday, till he finally threw his hand up and refused to renew our lease, I called him sence im one of the few that live in the city and county that the land is in, and asked him if he was going to stop me from useing the land sence im a tax paying citizen, he said "As long as there is no nosie problem, I dont have a problem with you or anyone eles useing the land".
well as a club we cant use the land, but as plain people we can, so every now and then I fly there just to fly because it's only 3 miles from my house, course our new field is only 5 miles from my house, but it sure is funny wo watch her and her husband to come out there and threaten to call the police to have use removed, one the only one time she did call the police, they wrote her a ticket for harrasment and told her to stay away from us when we are flying.
also on a side note, some of the club members where on a local talk show, and she and her husband called in, and on radio she said "We have offered to pay 750.00 a year to have the club thrown out", two weeks later they refuse to renew, but we have on tape her saying this, I myself have wrote to our new Govener a letter and called, only to get a flunky, and explaned what has happen and what was said, dont know whats happing now, but we have a new and better field to fly from.
and on another side note, we found out later that the woman is losing her sight.

I know this post dont help anyone but just thought y'all might want to read it.

thank you

Robert Williams

P.S. if anyone know of a good website to where I can buy a small pump for a Fire Boat kit, and other item's, feel free to e-mail me.
Old 07-13-2003, 03:18 PM
burbbuilder

i thinkk hpi needs to see the...... no i wont be a jerk. as for a pump for a fire boat maybe an enforcer water pump might work.
the website is www.whobbies.com
Old 07-13-2003, 09:06 PM
dennis1943
My Feedback: (12)

Default closed

when a forum only talks about non rc related items it is time to close and move on to something constructive, THIS FORUM IS CLOSED..............DENNIS1943
Old 07-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Buz^
My Feedback: (2)

Then get on with it, Denny, I really don't want to hear M-Over -talk's airfilled threats any more