Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Ready For Summer !

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 06:14 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ready For Summer !

all 3 of my trucks are ready for some action!
but my LST2 and my XXL will have to wait for the summer, im not running nitros in snow anymore.
thats why i bought a waterproof e-maxx.

i did all 3 bodies the same way to have a 'team' lol.
i did some upgrades/replaced parts on some of them, new wings, badlands stretched on lrp wheels, turnbuckle wing mod, exaust gas cooler(will it work!?) front hump pack, new bearings/fuel lines...

i tried to remove the tires from the rims using the oven method to replace my foams but 2 beads ripped, that was a good reason for buying badlands !(wich i wanted for a long time!)
heres some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11772.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1543839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65924.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1543840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24380.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1543841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Un34089.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1543842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mx24374.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	1543843  
Old 01-07-2011, 06:15 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

Default RE: Ready For Summer !

more
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39163.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	1543845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37230.jpg
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	1543846   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl21057.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1543847   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo36374.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1543848   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ny26659.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	1543849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pg63388.jpg
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	1543850  
Old 01-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You've got a long wait, especially in Montreal.....snow, snow, snow.....for months yet....

I see you have found a use for your fuel cooler. Hooked up in your pressure line I see, or is that where it was supposed to go?

I like driving my nitro's in the snow....if it's not too cold outside, and there's a crust of snow underneath a little powder. Great drifting action (no pun intended) and nifty rooster tails. I guess you cna have the same fun with your E-max without the issue of trying to start a cold engine.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:10 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

thats where its suposed to go (from what they say)
it should cool the exaust gasses so lower the fuel temp, giving a more consistent tune and more run-time since the fuel will be "thicker".
i think we allready talked together about that.

i had a great time running my nitro's in the snow but its too much trouble starting a engine when its -10c, keeping a good tune going thru snow that cools 75degrees off the engine in a second, air filters getting wet... now with my brushed truck i simply oil the bearings/bushings/screws and hit it with compressed air and its done.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:49 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: impalapolicepack

i had a great time running my nitro's in the snow but its too much trouble starting a engine when its -10c
ORIGINAL: Argess
I guess you cna have the same fun with your E-max without the issue of trying to start a cold engine.

You guys leave your nitros where they get cold? I keep mine in my room, and I don't take it outside in the winter time until after I've fueled it, done all the pre-run checks and primed it. It fires up quite nicely that way.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:09 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I also try to keep my nitro's warm and fuel them up before i head out so that they fire up easily. I keep them in the house, and many times I just walk out the door and run, so its not hard to keep em warm. However, I usually dont have a problem starting them cold. The biggest problem for me is like was said, the snow gets on the air filter, and cools the engine so fast, its impossible to keep a good tune. The cold is fine, its the snow getting all over the engine/filter that makes it hard to run. Just part of it[8D]

For a fuel/pressure line cooler, you could buy some small copper tubing, coil it up 5 or 6 times in a roll, and plug the original tubing back into each end. The copper allows the heat to suck out and it would be cheap and very effective, just wouldnt look as nice as the one you have

Eric
Old 01-07-2011, 11:14 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I imagine some clever shielding around the air filter would allow air in but not snow. I've been pretty lucky when running in the snow so far, between the layout of my vehicles and the shells I run I've never had to worry about snow cooling the engine or blocking the filter.

I did cake it with mud so thick it choked and stalled once, though. That was fuuuun
Old 01-08-2011, 06:56 AM
ImpalaPolicePack

like i said and like cummins said, the worst is trying to get a good tune when the temps change 75degree each time you hit soft snow.

i dont run in front of my house because i dont want to annoy my new neighbors(just moved in this summer), so my trucks goes in the back of my blazer until i get to my bash spots.
once there they are cold and they dont fit on the front floor to heat them. anyways, personal preference, electrics for winter.

for sheiding the air filter i used a fullsize spaypaint cap mounted on the air filter. worked good but after a couple tanks it would get wet.

i do prefer nitro's but it will wait till spring-summer.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

I cant wait for winter again...
Old 01-08-2011, 05:39 PM
rc awesome

Thats why I bought a slash for winter bashing and snow running. I'll Waiting till spring before i get a Savage x 4.6