Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 05:26 AM
lez1troubles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help !!!

just noticed you aint got nothing from KYOSHO so that would also be some thing to get.
Maybe an MP9 team edition, its not cheap though.[8D]
Old 05-18-2011, 07:35 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a beer.
i cant imagine what else R/c you would want with that list.... he have any nitro bikes?
Old 05-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Automan

Checked out that kyosho mp9 team edition, looked nice but i dont like nitro at all i have had one nitrobuggy when i was young, that was very fun one tank or so melting tires etc but after that i just couldnt get it tuned in correct so i moved on to other things and my rc hobby was paused for many years after that... not for that reason, just was interrested in real streetmotorcycles and offroadmotorcycles etc for a while. I have now been active more or less in my rc hobby for about 6years i think.

I think its great for those who like nitros, but for me i dont like them cause they smell bad and the sound is annoying etc, so im not planning on getting a nitro.. maybe a nitro and then convert it to electric, that would be nice cause there are a few nice nitros out there that i would like to have with a brushless system.

Nevermind that...

Any other ideas ?

I do think i can manage a beer or two on my birthday
Old 05-18-2011, 10:29 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Automan

Real nice looking F1, but im sorry to say its not my thing really... i use to fall asleep when watching a F1 race on tv, i dont know why
Watching one team, at the moment red bull, win every single race and every single pole tends to do that.
I have built boats before, looked at a picture and made my own blueprints and then built the whole thing from ground up, and the result was very good but never used them in water, they became to big and no lake around So i dont think that i want that now this time.

Im still a littlebit into buying a baja 5sc and the electric conversionkit.... but i have already to big gassers that i dont use at all anymore, so i dont know if buying a baja 5sc and making it electric will be better and make me use it more.

I know both my sc8e and savage xl have real insane power and are crazy fun to use, they are wild and scary fast, so those are my favorites right now... dont know if that hels you guys to give me some ideas.

Anyways, thanks everyone for your ideas and helping me out with this, i am very happy that you want to help me, thank you for taking the time to do this.
Honestly I think you should get a nitro SC8. The electric may be fast, but it just doesn't have the X-factor.

Also, converting the fifth scalers to electric is a HUGE downgrade. One of the main selling points is 45-60 minutes per tank, yet the batteries barely last 15.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:18 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Wait, this is a birthday present for YOU? Why are you asking us?

Every suggestion is "I don't really like that", so figure out what you DO like and GET IT.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Automan

Yes TBJ, this is about a present for my birthday. And im sorry that i didnt jump on the first sugestion, but i just wanted help with ideas i may have missed.. or just didnt think of, just wanted peoples help with that nothing more.
It's by free will and kindness and if you got time to write down one or two ideas, im very happy for any help i can get cause i feel i just cant figure out what i would be most happy with.

Thanks for the idea about sc8 nitro, i just love that car but i really dont think im going to like running on nitro again. It was around the early 90s i had my nitro buggy (with the best engine available at that time), so i guess something must have been improved over all those years.... but still the sound is the same and to be honest i cant see myself getting into it again, there is nothing i can figure out that will pull me into nitro when i have gassers and brushless and are mainly into brushless nowdays, but still love my gassers.

So you think that buying a 1:5 baja and making it electric would not be that fun ? i have two 1:8 brushless now and they are insane to drive, they have so much power that they almost explode when hitting the throttle, love them i guess the gasser would feel more sluggish and dull, and that it's the driving time mainly that is great with them... but they can kick ass with right kinda engine

So if i would buy another gasser, would the mcd rally 4x4 be the best choice then ? if you think about my list and what you would have done in my place.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:03 AM
lez1troubles

Automan, you neeeeed one of Thunderjunkies pimped up buggy tables. You might have to wait till your next birthday though as production is very maticulate and time roving.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:17 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks for the idea about sc8 nitro, i just love that car but i really dont think im going to like running on nitro again. It was around the early 90s i had my nitro buggy (with the best engine available at that time), so i guess something must have been improved over all those years.... but still the sound is the same and to be honest i cant see myself getting into it again, there is nothing i can figure out that will pull me into nitro when i have gassers and brushless and are mainly into brushless nowdays, but still love my gassers.
nitro is only as fiddly as you make it. AE makes reliable engines, so as long as you take care of it and don't chase peak performance you'll have a nitro you spend less time adjusting than you do your electrics.

So you think that buying a 1:5 baja and making it electric would not be that fun ? i have two 1:8 brushless now and they are insane to drive, they have so much power that they almost explode when hitting the throttle, love them i guess the gasser would feel more sluggish and dull, and that it's the driving time mainly that is great with them... but they can kick ass with right kinda engine
No. If you ask me, it's a downgrade. The whole advantage of the gassers is 45-60 minutes per fuel tank. Currently the electric conversions are LUCKY to fetch 15 minutes per charge, and the batteries are holy -beep- expensive.

So if i would buy another gasser, would the mcd rally 4x4 be the best choice then ?
I'd go for the Baja 5b or one of it's derivatives. Good cars, easy to get parts for, they look nice, and they're fun to drive.

if you think about my list and what you would have done in my place.
If that was my garage every last one of them would be ICE powered. I don't like electric for anything larger than 1/18th scale. If I were to add to it, I'd look real strongly at the Savage 5T, as all HPI did there was extend the Savage chassis and throw the Baja 5T's body on it. Never came to America, but I hear it's quite popular in Europe, and that it will easily out-run the 5T.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:53 AM
Foxy

Yes TBJ, this is about a present for my birthday. And im sorry that i didnt jump on the first sugestion, but i just wanted help with ideas i may have missed.. or just didnt think of, just wanted peoples help with that nothing more.
It's by free will and kindness and if you got time to write down one or two ideas, im very happy for any help i can get cause i feel i just cant figure out what i would be most happy with.

So if i would buy another gasser, would the mcd rally 4x4 be the best choice then ? if you think about my list and what you would have done in my place.
The only thing I'll say about MCD is that that's a LOT of plastic for the money. IMO, they are overpriced and overrated, but they're good at what they do. Upgrade parts are also expensive, but when you've done a few things, they are great little rally cars.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: 378
I'd go for the Baja 5b or one of it's derivatives. Good cars, easy to get parts for, they look nice, and they're fun to drive.
I just took my 5B to a very twisty, not very wide track and despite the length of the Baja, it was still able to handle all of the turns very well. The massive amount of torque the thing has helped out immensely as well.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:35 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: 378
If that was my garage every last one of them would be ICE powered. I don't like electric for anything larger than 1/18th scale. If I were to add to it, I'd look real strongly at the Savage 5T, as all HPI did there was extend the Savage chassis and throw the Baja 5T's body on it. Never came to America, but I hear it's quite popular in Europe, and that it will easily out-run the 5T.
If you mean by popular discontinued a LONG time ago due to poor sales then yes it was very popular
Old 05-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Renovatio

I couldn't resist posting this link for your RC Collection: The lastest inRC

I hope you like it.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:44 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes TBJ, this is about a present for my birthday.

WHAT!?
Old 06-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Automan

Thank you so much everyone that helped me with ideas for my birthdaypresent !

Ok, so i ended up with these things..

Hpi Baja 5sc ss kit
Castle Creation 1:5 scale complete conversion kit, mounts, motor, esc..
Futaba 4channel 2,4ghz
paint

And many many hours of building it, taking it slow and enjoy every minute of this time

Soon it's time to try it out, will be very interresting to see how it behaves... as this car seams to be a very solid build, and a great design... but as with most cars out there, the shocktowers is maybe something i will fix to more beafy not to far into the future.