Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

How many gallons of nitro do you burn in a season ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

How many gallons of nitro do you burn in a season ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 07:19 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How many gallons of nitro do you burn in a season ?

How many gallons of nitro fuel do you burn in a year ? are you a basher or a racer ?
Old 09-08-2012, 07:37 AM
savagecommander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How many gallons of nitro do you burn in a season ?

getting your yardstick out to measure everyone up neal?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:04 AM
FahrtAutoRC

I'll betcha his motorzz has the BEST mileage mayne! CHYEAH!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 09-08-2012, 08:25 AM
savagecommander

Well, to be on topic, I burn zero gallons. I switched to gas and I'm never looking back.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hard to say.. A lot has come up the last couple years, so I haven't burnt as much.. At the moment I'd say eight-ish. In past years, more like 10-12-ish... Rough estimates though - I don't keep an exact count, and every year is different.. But I reckon eight-ish is a good rough figure.

I recently found a gallon in the cellar I'd forgotten about, and think I'm just about done with it after three-ish weeks. I think I've broken in about 5-6 engines this year too..

Ideally I would burn 10-12 per year, given the ****ty winter here. If the winter weren't so awful, I'd probably manage more like 15 or so.. A 4-liter canister of Tornado %25 btw costs €44.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:47 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Hard to say.. A lot has come up the last couple years, so I haven't burnt as much.. At the moment I'd say eight-ish. In past years, more like 10-12-ish... Rough estimates though - I don't keep an exact count, and every year is different.. But I reckon eight-ish is a good rough figure.

I recently found a gallon in the cellar I'd forgotten about, and think I'm just about done with it after three-ish weeks. I think I've broken in about 5-6 engines this year too..

Ideally I would burn 10-12 per year, given the ****ty winter here. If the winter weren't so awful, I'd probably manage more like 15 or so.. A 4-liter canister of Tornado %25 btw costs €44.

That is awesome dude.....you definitely get your driving enjoyment from the hobby...............that amount of gallons relates to a substantial amount of hours running and maintaining your cars.........We burn a very similar amount here on average...would burn more if the season was longer.....I have a few guys who will burn 1 gallon in 1 day at the track...they run lap after lap after lap.........One of the racers I do engines for will burn 10 cases per year, which is 40 gallons of fuel.....
Old 09-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Zlash03
My Feedback: (1)

I only Bash my buggy. Since christmas ive only burned half a gallon. I use it kinda often but I think its really good on burning the Nitro. I get about 40 minutes per runtime. Long enough that im ready to put it back up for a few days.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Haddi Taha

although i don't own nitro, I think Sydney is great for nitro as it is warm all year round and no snow
Old 09-08-2012, 04:31 PM
The_Shark

I'm not racing yet, but I do alot of track time, WAS going to race but every one chickened out (I was going to win tonight because during practice NO ONE even the hot shot "racers" could catch me in the indoor track, my rig was so dialed in it wasn't even funny)

i burn 2-3 gallons a year and I get fuel $20 a gallon so I spend less than $60 a year, this year i'm probably going to go through 4-5 gallons, i'm on number 4 right now, the MGT 8.0 that I run around the house just drinks it.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:42 PM
HPI_Savage_RC

Roughly 10 gallons over the past 4 years. Would be more if I didn't have to pay over $40/gallon to get the stuff.

I bash exclusively, as there is no organized racing in my area.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:39 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I burn 4-6 gallons a year on average, more if I run my .90 aero engine on a regular basis. I quit buying premix at $36 a gallon and mix my own for less than $15 a gallon.

The smell of pure nitro reminds me of something else I find much enjoyment in....
Old 10-04-2012, 03:34 AM
cobra26

I've got 6 nitro vehicles comprised of buggies, trucks, and truggies and burn 4-5 gallons of fuel a year. I run from April through November with most of my running done in May, June, September, and October. July and August are either too hot or too crowded where I run to get a lot of time in during those months.

Cobra26
Old 10-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Ttowntoolman

12 this year so far. Mostly racing, did break in 3 new engines this year.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 AM
sparky 25

I saw myself going through 5 litres of nitro on a Saturday and bit of Sunday running an lrp30,

On average I used to burn around 7 or 8 gallons per year,

I switched to gas 1/5 scale and didnt burn nitro for almost 6 months,

then went back to 1/8 scale nitro,

I have 2 gallon of 30% nitro sitting here that I don't know that I'll use as I have went brushless on all my trucks,

In the middle of converting my 1/5 scale to brushless at the moment too,

Old 10-07-2012, 04:54 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really depends. Some years I'll stick to the buggies and be at the track just about every weekend, which burns a ton of fuel... some years I'll primarily only do some bashing here and there. I usually have about 4 gallons of different nitro on hand, for my planes, boats, and cars... I've had the same fuel sitting in my closet for 3 months, almost untouched. It's been so damn hot out, and I've been working a lot more than usual. I just don't have the drive to play with the stuff like I used to, so as a result, I have probably burned maybe 2 gallons this year, total, between everything.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:38 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

My nitro rc is a just a basher, and i still have not used a full sized jug of Losi Nitrotane yet. Though, i'm not 100% sure that the motor isn't clogged up.