Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New Nitro 2WD Slash

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 12:04 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New Nitro 2WD Slash

ORIGINAL: Ttowntoolman

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: mattster1971

Maybe I am jaded by my experience with Traxxas but I am not excited. I have found there products to be designed to break. Weak parts that break easily, gearing that strip easily and engines that are built to fail, hence the Traxxass trade in on the 3.3 and the weak weak weak connecting rod. They are the product of good marketing and product placement. They are loved by aftermarket part manufacturers because everyone wants to upgrade them so they stop breaking every run. And your LHS loves them for all the parts business they support. I don't think my LHS would survive if they didn't have Traxxas 'wall-o-parts' to support their sales.
you know thinking about it the last hobby shop I went to had a giant wall of traxxas parts, and aftermarket parts,and a few tupper ware containers of traxxas parts. I'd say it was probably more than all the other brands parts(and after market stuff) combined.
Perhaps it is because Traxxas sells so many models compaired to all the others? They advertize the most so I assume they sell the most....
but they all use the same damn parts though no need for a wall

weird thing though the RC's ppl bring in I've seen well over 100 in the times I was there over the years, and can only remember seeing 2-3 traxxas vehicles. I've seen a lot of tamiyas, and HPI's though.

Ofna I can understand as they just don't break for the most part unless you get run over by a real car lol
Old 12-08-2012, 05:34 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: steed2

Maybe I am jaded by my experience with Traxxas but I am not excited. I have found there products to be designed to break. Weak parts that break easily, gearing that strip easily and engines that are built to fail, hence the Traxxass trade in on the 3.3 and the weak weak weak connecting rod. They are the product of good marketing and product placement. They are loved by aftermarket part manufacturers because everyone wants to upgrade them so they stop breaking every run. And your LHS loves them for all the parts business they support. I don't think my LHS would survive if they didn't have Traxxas 'wall-o-parts' to support their sales.
you know thinking about it the last hobby shop I went to had a giant wall of traxxas parts, and aftermarket parts,and a few tupper ware containers of traxxas parts. I'd say it was probably more than all the other brands parts(and after market stuff) combined.
As a business owner i would have to agree with all hobby stores for doing this, why stock parts and cars you dont sell? traxxas produst moves like no other, and hobby stores are in it for the money. (as any business owner is). Not saying they dont enjoy said business but everyone wants/needs to make money.

It would just be nice to see traxxas come out with something new, not a chopped and streched hacked together version of some other vehicle, or a rebranded product that sells for half the price under a different name.
I wasn't saying they should stock parts on cars they don't sell. How about selling some quality cars to begin with. Buying a vehicle that breaks so quickly isn't going to create brand loyalty its just going to create animosity and anger for being overcharged {Jato is $380 and up} for a very weak product that does 65 lol mph out of the box, its so light that it is uncontrollable at those speeds, one flip and you are replacing everything from the engine forward with more cheap plastic replacement parts.
If you sell quality cars people will enjoy the hobby, return to buy new cars from you, refer their friends to your shop, come to you to get minimal replacement parts because nothing lasts forever except taxes and death.
Someone who knows nothing about rc but wants to get started will inevitably visit their local shop and buy a traxxas vehicle and then if they don't get frustrated and give up on the hobby, once they have some better understanding and spend any time on forums such as this they learn about quality made vehicles, and might spend a few more dollars for that quality but have to order online as the LHS only stocks Traxxas and you miss out on a sale and building a long lasting relationship with your store. It just seems like a very weak minded strategy for making a successful hobby business plan.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:13 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool story bro but this thread is about the new Nitro Slash. Come on guys I check back on this thread to see what people have to say about the new Nitro Slash not to read peoples random rants about Traxxas, if yawl want to rant or talk about Traxxas in general either find another thread or start one yourself.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:22 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As a business owner i would have to agree with all hobby stores for doing this, why stock parts and cars you dont sell? traxxas produst moves like no other, and hobby stores are in it for the money. (as any business owner is). Not saying they dont enjoy said business but everyone wants/needs to make money.

It would just be nice to see traxxas come out with something new, not a chopped and streched hacked together version of some other vehicle, or a rebranded product that sells for half the price under a different name.
why would u say that they are chopped and stretched hacked together?
I've never seen a new traxxas part like that.

Traxxas use plastic injection moulding so I'm just totally lost on what u mean.

Are u talking about the rustler, bandit, pede and slash? And the way they share parts?

Do u feel the same way about Team Durango, Team losi and Team Assiocated? They share parts just like traxxas and possibly they are worse.

What u need to understand is most off road 2wd cars have the same suspension requirements, there is no magic chassis for each class or style. the only real main differences is the body and wheels, doesn't matter if it's a SCT or a stadium truck, they still need the same basic suspension geomerty and drivelline placement

Traxxas had the rustler and converted it into a buggy with body, wing, wheels and shorter suspension arms. Are u saying they should of completely rebuilt it from ground up?

Same with the pede? Why can't traxxas use well proven parts to make it?

Or the slash, do u think it should of been made from 100% new parts? Why? Why would traxxas Design a new gearbox, chassis and suspension if there is nothing wrong with the old ones

Why would a customer/business owner expect different variants of off road 2wd cars to have 100% new parts and designs??
Why would anyone expect that and why?

Why can't traxxas share parts like everyone els? Wouldent it be smarter to use the parts that have allready been designed and Manifactured with years of durability testing?

Ever heard the saying "why re design the wheel"

Old 12-08-2012, 05:18 PM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Cool story bro but this thread is about the new Nitro Slash. Come on guys I check back on this thread to see what people have to say about the new Nitro Slash not to read peoples random rants about Traxxas, if yawl want to rant or talk about Traxxas in general either find another thread or start one yourself.
this is totally relevant to this thread, its a discussion of a new Traxxas vehicle and Traxxas in general
Old 12-08-2012, 07:35 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

this is totally relevant to this thread, its a discussion of a new Traxxas vehicle and Traxxas in general
No, it's a discussion about the new Nitro 2WD Slash, check the first post if you are confused. I don't care about Traxxas rants or hobby stores and what they have in stock or what brand someone new to the hobby is most likely to buy. If you want to rant about the new Nitro Slash go right ahead, I actually welcome it.

Have a nice day.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:46 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

why would u say that they are chopped and stretched hacked together?
I've never seen a new traxxas part like that.

Traxxas use plastic injection moulding so I'm just totally lost on what u mean.

Are u talking about the rustler, bandit, pede and slash? And the way they share parts?

Do u feel the same way about Team Durango, Team losi and Team Assiocated? They share parts just like traxxas and possibly they are worse.

What u need to understand is most off road 2wd cars have the same suspension requirements, there is no magic chassis for each class or style. the only real main differences is the body and wheels, doesn't matter if it's a SCT or a stadium truck, they still need the same basic suspension geomerty and drivelline placement

Traxxas had the rustler and converted it into a buggy with body, wing, wheels and shorter suspension arms. Are u saying they should of completely rebuilt it from ground up?

Same with the pede? Why can't traxxas use well proven parts to make it?

Or the slash, do u think it should of been made from 100% new parts? Why? Why would traxxas Design a new gearbox, chassis and suspension if there is nothing wrong with the old ones

Why would a customer/business owner expect different variants of off road 2wd cars to have 100% new parts and designs??
Why would anyone expect that and why?

Why can't traxxas share parts like everyone els? Wouldent it be smarter to use the parts that have allready been designed and Manifactured with years of durability testing?

Ever heard the saying ''why re design the wheel''

I absolutely agree with everything you said. Can you imagine how much more RCs would cost if they were all completely different just for the sake of being different. I think sharing parts between models is a great idea.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:15 PM
steed2-inactive

^^ ..... Yes because traxxas model are so affordable.[&:].
Old 12-08-2012, 08:33 PM
steed2-inactive

In response to ph Maximus
Why would I say chopped Streched and hacked, what I am talking about there is just lately traxxas reusing a lot of their current line up and releasing a new vehicle, purely my opinion.

"your totally lost" I agree with you there.

Bandit rustler pede slash.. No I am talking about the slash 2wd nitro short course truck that was just released.

Do I feel the same about other manufacturers? Honestly ..stop worrying about how I feel, following me around trying to start flame wars is getting creepy, do your self a favor and block me. I blocked you but when other people quote you it showed up and, well I just want to answer your question
You can not move forward with out making change pal, that's what you need to understand
Ever heard the saying, actually nvm, I would probably get kicked of the site for that.
Cheers mate!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:03 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

^^ ..... Yes because traxxas model are so affordable.[&:].
I didn't say they were.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:27 AM
phmaximus

In response to ph Maximus
Why would I say chopped Streched and hacked, what I am talking about there is just lately traxxas reusing a lot of their current line up and releasing a new vehicle, purely my opinion.

''your totally lost'' I agree with you there.

Bandit rustler pede slash.. No I am talking about the slash 2wd nitro short course truck that was just released.

Do I feel the same about other manufacturers? Honestly ..stop worrying about how I feel, following me around trying to start flame wars is getting creepy, do your self a favor and block me. I blocked you but when other people quote you it showed up and, well I just want to answer your question
You can not move forward with out making change pal, that's what you need to understand
Ever heard the saying, actually nvm, I would probably get kicked of the site for that.
Cheers mate!
I must say u have a strange way of describing traxxas using spare parts. Can't say I've ever heard it called "chopped hacked and stretched. But it ok, u tried ur best.

I'm glad we both agree about me been lost on what on earth u were talking about.

It's a little sad that when debating a topic u get all defensive and completely don't understand any of the counter points mentioned, u need to chill out and explaine your self in more detail so we can help to understand ur points.
If u cant justify ur opinions who do u think is going to listin?
Do u seriously think I'm worried about how u feel? Really? Well ain't that sweet.
I'm not trying to start flame wars lol, I'm not even going to react to ur post I'm quoting. I just pity the.
It's a pity u felt u had to block me, u obviously know me more that i know u, a real man would of tryed to work out any differences with a simple PM. I'm not here to make enemies or start fights.
To be honest what are u talking about? What have I done that's so bad to u?

Take a step back deap breath... It's going to be ok

I still think its funny that u complain about traxxas not having enough new designs and then complain about there new design, Then I point out that they actially have a few new platforms that maby u have missed and u have nothing to say,
Now u complain that traxxas chopped hacked and stretched there cars.
It's very obvious that we have proven u incorrect on that one and I pointed out that they use injection moulding and all the stuff about Manifactures using parts across platforms
Now ur story has changed again, u seem you have it in ur head that traxxas are using there current line up as new vehicles? Dude I think u need a new hobby if u really think that. Yet again u have not provided any details about ur opinion. Surprise surprise
I dont know how come u think that? Looking at the traxxas lineup I'm starting to think u are delusional.
Maby I'm wrong, tell u what. U prove me wrong and find something to support ur statement I'll block u if u wish.

So come on then, what cars do traxxas currently have that they are promoting as a all new vehicle?
Don't worry I know ur type and don't expect a response, I'll problary just some reply of u braking down my post and takiing it out of context or get all defensive.

Don't want to start a flame war but does anyone agree with this guy?????
Am I seriously missing something in the traxxas line up?
Old 12-09-2012, 03:37 AM
phmaximus

Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends

I seen you around for a long long time, ya
I really remembered when you had ur first whine

Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends

I seen you hangin' down in RCU
I saw ur post and knew wat to do

Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends

I bring my money to the welfare line
I see you standing in it every time

Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends

Your thoughts on Traxxas don't matter to me
As long as we can live in harmony

Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends

I'd kinda like to be the President
So I can show you how your money's spent

Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends

Sometimes I don't speak right
But yet I know what I'm talking about

Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends

I know you're hating' for the TRX
They wouldn't have you in there flex

Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends
Why can't we be friends...
Old 12-09-2012, 03:54 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

If you boys don't settle down and play nice I won't hesitate to lock this thread down, don't make me do it... cause I will!!!

Ok we all know I can't really do that so how about we all just be nice to each other hmm k.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:58 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Looks cool. Typical Traxxas fashion. Nothing wrong nothing great. Why isn't it called a slayer though?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:02 AM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

Looks cool. Typical Traxxas fashion. Nothing wrong nothing great. Why isn't it called a slayer though?
Because 2WD Nitro Slash rolls off the tongue a bit more easily I guess.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:50 AM
steed2-inactive

It does look like it will be damn fast with a 3.3 in there.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 AM
bigcam406

i'll probably pick one up.im liking the slipper clutch,1 gear simplicity.plus ive always liked the looks of them.should be fun with the 3.3 in it.im wondering if you could change pinions like on the electric models.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:50 AM
FNG RIDER

I'm being sarcastic, Slayer is a much better SCT. But not going to lie, my Slayer is still in the box, never run. I prefer to run my SSC LCG SLASH 4X4; )
Old 12-09-2012, 05:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: bigcam406

i'll probably pick one up.im liking the slipper clutch,1 gear simplicity.plus ive always liked the looks of them.should be fun with the 3.3 in it.im wondering if you could change pinions like on the electric models.
nope cause nitro's don't use pinions
You would have to swap out the clutch bell (bit more work than changing a pinon on a electric, and they cost a quite a bit more too)
Old 12-09-2012, 06:31 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

Tower has them listed for $400. They were $600 yesterday, I'd feel sorry for anyone who ordered one at that price. Expected to be in stock late January.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXDAYB**&P=7
isnt $400 steep for a 2wd nitro? I mean, cant you get a 1/8 ofna 4wd nitro for that kinda money?

I was expecting closer to $300.
For at least the past 6 years or so Tower has ALWAYS listed models at a much higher price until closer to the release date it drops down to the proper price.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:07 PM
bigcam406

You would have to swap out the clutch bell (bit more work than changing a pinon on a electric, and they cost a quite a bit more too)
judging by what i saw on the Traxxas site with the new pics,it looks like its the same setup as an electric powered Slash.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:42 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

judging by what i saw on the Traxxas site with the new pics,it looks like its the same setup as an electric powered Slash.
Yeah it still has a slipper but instead of a pinion gear it has a clutch bell gear. Instead of just being a piece of metal with teeth it has clutch shoes inside that enable the nitro engine to idle without the truck moving forward.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:31 AM
bigcam406

so technically,it has 2 clutches then,not justa slipper that was shown in the pics
Old 12-10-2012, 08:21 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

so technically,it has 2 clutches then,not justa slipper that was shown in the pics
huh how in the world can it have 2 clutches? Also what in the world would be the point of 2 clutches?
It will have a clutch bell which also plays the part of a pinion due to the gear being built on it, and the spur will have a slipper. Reason it has a clutch is so the motor can spin up without engaging the spur to move the RC. If it didn't have a clutch you would have no idle, and if the RC stopped the engine would die(trust me I had clutch shoes fuze to a bell before).

Big recommendation(don't take it s an insult) before you think about a nitro read how they work first. Nitros can be incredible frustrating if you have 0 knowledge, and also some of the terminology changes like pinion is now clutch bell.

BTW looked at the pics of it this looks like a standard 2wd nitro. Well more to the point it looks exactly like all of traxxas's 2wd nitros the only thing about them that can be semi confusing from pics is how they have an electric motor attached to them to so you don't need to pull a pull starter, and a wire attached to the glow plug so you don't need to use a glow plug warmer.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 PM
phmaximus

Those ezstart systems to start the motor are great, highly recomend for people new to nitro. I down graded a revo Platnium from bump start to ezstart. (new crank, back plate and starter crank, shim and ezstart assemble. Then lastly the wiring harness. I've never looked back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.