Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New Nitro 2WD Slash

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 10:15 PM
bigcam406

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Nitro 2WD Slash

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: bigcam406

so technically,it has 2 clutches then,not justa slipper that was shown in the pics
huh how in the world can it have 2 clutches? Also what in the world would be the point of 2 clutches?
It will have a clutch bell which also plays the part of a pinion due to the gear being built on it, and the spur will have a slipper. Reason it has a clutch is so the motor can spin up without engaging the spur to move the RC. If it didn't have a clutch you would have no idle, and if the RC stopped the engine would die(trust me I had clutch shoes fuze to a bell before).

Big recommendation(don't take it s an insult) before you think about a nitro read how they work first. Nitros can be incredible frustrating if you have 0 knowledge, and also some of the terminology changes like pinion is now clutch bell.

BTW looked at the pics of it this looks like a standard 2wd nitro. Well more to the point it looks exactly like all of traxxas's 2wd nitros the only thing about them that can be semi confusing from pics is how they have an electric motor attached to them to so you don't need to pull a pull starter, and a wire attached to the glow plug so you don't need to use a glow plug warmer.
im well aware how nitros work.i was looking at the pics,and also reading the description,where it says slipper clutch.as far as it having a "clutch bell",isnt that a clutch as well to let the engine idle and as rpm increases,centrifugal force engages the "clutch" to transmit power to the slipper " clutch"?