Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Ofna LX2e Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 05:26 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna LX2e Update

Just wanted to share with some fellow RC'ers my LX2e and upgrades. I bought this buggy stock and have been running it on 4s. My first test drive was terrible...too much bottom end, not any high end. Traction was terrible as it was all going to the front. Did some research and witht he help of a very helpful person, got the diffs dialed in...50k weight fluid in the center, 5k in rear, 10k in front. Also, got a 16t pinion to switch out the 14t pinion. It was running awesome. Me and my buddy went to the park the other day and I was driving the ofna and he was driving my XS. After about 20 minutes, I started hearing the servo clicking as I would turn. I thought "Well, time to replace the servo now" When I bought my XS, I bought a Futaba S3010 to replace the stock one. I just put the Futaba in the Ofna and put the stock servo back int he XS. The ofna turns quicker and ther servo does it with ease. It only has 90 oz.in of torque, but does the job easily. This buggy is by far the best RC I have owned and I love it. Thanks for reading
Old 04-15-2013, 07:40 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Ofna LX2e Update

Excellent! Vid or it didn't happen.

By the way, you will kill that servo sooner or later, you really do need a metal geared 150oz-in MINIMUM. The futaba may seem like it's doing ok, but its just putting on a brave face, it is hurting, believe.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 AM
cumminspower5.9

What do you think about this one?  http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Voltage-Servo

And I may need a servo class Foxy lol. Digital and High Voltage...
Old 04-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally I'd call amain and see when they plan to get these back in stock... http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Digital-Servo

There isn't anything better for less than 50 bucks unless you are willing to risk Chinese. Hobbypartz has a good EXI servo. I'll link it if you're willing to give it a try, it's 14 bucks, IIRC.

To use the high voltage you'll need a bec.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:55 AM
cumminspower5.9

Oh I remember you linked that when I was lookin to do the LX2e kit. Either I can see if they have it in stock, or see if anywhere else has them. But yea, not looking for anything that I need a BEC for, the less the better. I'm just a simple guy, plug it in and go lol
Old 05-03-2013, 08:31 PM
fjschuler

Nice.  Those Ofna 1/8 buggies are underrated, in my opinion...
Old 10-20-2013, 05:04 AM
Navin1980

I got a lx2e and made a few changes too. I thought it was quite good stock but I hadn't much experience with 1/8 buggys and not a lot with
1/10!! I also took foxys advice a d changed the diff oils which made a big difference to the way it handles. I changed the motor and esc to a tacon 2150 motor and a hobbywing 150amp esc. Both work we'll together and the esc and be programmed with the programming box which can't be don't with the stock one. I also got a 16t and 18th pinion which upped the speed. I got 43mph with the 16t pinion and close to 50mph with the 18t pinion but I run the buggy with the 16t as the motor was running hot with the 18t. I thought I would get faster speeds but that's what my iphone told me I was doing!!! I run 2 2s turnigy 5000mah 40c which I find good but there the only ones I've every used so have nothing to compair too. They last about 30 min with my currant motor and esc but I use to get 40-45 min with the stock set up. My steering servo also gave up after running ten or so battery packs through it do I replaced it with a metal geared hitec servo. I run the buggy in a large disused parking area at a factor which is Tarmac so it's not too good on my tires!! I bought road tires but the grip isn't that good with them plus I ripped one apart while doing dougnuts!! It off road tires have way more grip but don't last too long! I'm going to get a traxxas stampede 4x4 vxl next month so I'll be able to mix it up a bit!!!!