Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need Rc advice please (new to rc)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Albadry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Rob, I guess there is no escape with maintenance hah but I expected a fresh item from the box wouldn't need any oh well. The vatterra is not out yet until next month but since they both need a bit of maintenance from the get go I guess I'l just pick the one I like. I will probably wait for the vattera at this stage in the meantime it gives me time to order the extra battery pack. I will read about those batteries you guys mentioned and order 1 for now. Can't wait to get my hands on that first rc haha. Lets bope all works out
Old 09-17-2014, 02:43 PM
cumquat

what country do you live in?
Old 09-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Albadry

Originally Posted by cumquat
what country do you live in?
New Zealand. I have a local shop but after looking throught what they got online it has limited very options and not what I want.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:30 PM
cumquat

ok, in that case you'll have better shipping prices from rc mart. that seems to be the go to retailer for the Australian members here. turns out the kyosho is out right cheaper there too http://www.rcmart.com/kyosho-30915-f...cPath=420_1189. here is yet another battery http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html and a different charger http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ischarger.html. these website are based in china (i think rcmart is, i know hobbyking is) so they are way closer to you than tower (based in a Chicago suburb) and amain (based in California).
Old 09-17-2014, 05:44 PM
Albadry

Thanks mate, I'll have a look and also see if their shipping is a bit modest.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:49 PM
cumquat

the car is $45 less if nothing else. plus you dont have the US customs fees.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Albadry

Yup I noticed that, Nice find.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:30 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Albadry
Thanks Rob, I guess there is no escape with maintenance hah but I expected a fresh item from the box wouldn't need any oh well. The vatterra is not out yet until next month but since they both need a bit of maintenance from the get go I guess I'l just pick the one I like. I will probably wait for the vattera at this stage in the meantime it gives me time to order the extra battery pack. I will read about those batteries you guys mentioned and order 1 for now. Can't wait to get my hands on that first rc haha. Lets bope all works out
Well, maybe I'm giving ya the wrong impression. But I'm just giving you a heads up as to what you will need. Yeah, one would expect that an RC car that costs significant money would be truly "ready-to-run" outta the box. But from what I've seen, even if the car does have a bumper, it's probably more for looks than function. Cripes, the Evader doesn't even come with one! (The now-discontinued Brushless Evader did, but there were better ones. And still, no rear bumper.) My Ofna Hyper 10TT had a little front bumper but no rear bumper. I kept breaking suspension arms from hitting trees, or from cartwheeling crashes. But after installing a front and rear bumper system, NO breakage at all! You'll find that pretty much ALL cars need something out of the box, like diff and/or tranny grease/fluid.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Albadry

Yeah I guess thats understandable with so many parts floating about so I see what you mean.