RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need Rc advice please (new to rc)
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 06:30 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Albadry
Thanks Rob, I guess there is no escape with maintenance hah but I expected a fresh item from the box wouldn't need any oh well. The vatterra is not out yet until next month but since they both need a bit of maintenance from the get go I guess I'l just pick the one I like. I will probably wait for the vattera at this stage in the meantime it gives me time to order the extra battery pack. I will read about those batteries you guys mentioned and order 1 for now. Can't wait to get my hands on that first rc haha. Lets bope all works out
Well, maybe I'm giving ya the wrong impression. But I'm just giving you a heads up as to what you will need. Yeah, one would expect that an RC car that costs significant money would be truly "ready-to-run" outta the box. But from what I've seen, even if the car does have a bumper, it's probably more for looks than function. Cripes, the Evader doesn't even come with one! (The now-discontinued Brushless Evader did, but there were better ones. And still, no rear bumper.) My Ofna Hyper 10TT had a little front bumper but no rear bumper. I kept breaking suspension arms from hitting trees, or from cartwheeling crashes. But after installing a front and rear bumper system, NO breakage at all! You'll find that pretty much ALL cars need something out of the box, like diff and/or tranny grease/fluid.