Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

The New Traxxas Jato

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Duff_Beer_12oz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The New Traxxas Jato

Does anyone know how much the Jato by Traxxas will cost?
Old 02-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Duff_Beer_12oz

Default RE: The New Traxxas Jato

Hey people, I haven't been on here for a long time so If this has already been talked about, please inform me. If no one has heard of this truck, then just go to traxxas.com.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:23 AM
RabidRacer

all i know is DONT BOTHER. it says it goes 55 but in racing how often do you go full throttle... not very much. its all about driving and the handleing of the car. from traxxas's standpoint they have a history of bad cars....hint hint(bandit, rustler, pede, maxx -especialy smaxx)...get the point.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:42 AM
fhm101

ORIGINAL: RabidRacer

all i know is DONT BOTHER. it says it goes 55 but in racing how often do you go full throttle... not very much. its all about driving and the handleing of the car. from traxxas's standpoint they have a history of bad cars....hint hint(bandit, rustler, pede, maxx -especialy smaxx)...get the point.
First of all, it ain't ROAR legal, so without a transmission mod to dump the 2 speed and an engine swap for a .12 you can't race it anyway. Traxxas already has plans for a single speed, but as of now has no plans to offer it as a race legal ATR/kit so I doubt the serious 1/10th gas guys have much to worry about from it for a while at least. Of course before Traxxas quit supporting a race team 10 years ago they were a national powerhouse, and the fact that they recently announced the formation of an official Traxxas MT race team this year, who knows what might be in the cards?
Old 02-19-2005, 10:06 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

The funny thing though???
the call it a Race Truck themselves LOL
they know it can't race, they should have just made it 4WD, then it might be worth buying

Not to menston the bluegrove tires on the truck when it's out in a bash spot in loose dirt
TRaxxas cracks me up
Old 02-19-2005, 10:10 AM
fantomracer
My Feedback: (1)

looks like a miniture of the revo too me...i think itll be awesome...i mean all yall had to say is you cant even race well who cares...maybe he dont want to race...
Old 02-19-2005, 10:18 AM
fantomracer

ok i take back what i just said...i took a look at it on traxxas's site and it looks like a buggy with longer a-arms...and some other mods...deffinitely somthing different...hah
Old 02-19-2005, 10:40 AM
cossie

what cracks me up is the part where it says "introducing the fastest, most powerful, 2wd racing nitro truck avalible" ahem the xtr3e is the most power fastest 2wd nitro truck avalible, and RabidRacer there is nothing wrong with the traxxas stampede it is kool very stong chassis just a shame about the servos apart from that the rest is fine
Old 02-19-2005, 11:15 AM
fhm101

All it will take is a few fast guys making the required mods and winning a couple of big races with the thing and sales will jump off the charts. Look what happened with the TNX after last years maxx challenge.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:24 AM
fhm101

ORIGINAL: cossie

what cracks me up is the part where it says "introducing the fastest, most powerful, 2wd racing nitro truck avalible" ahem the xtr3e is the most power fastest 2wd nitro truck avalible
Maybe what they wanted to say was "Introducing the fastest, most powerful, 2wd racing truck, that will run more than a minute without breaking."
Old 02-19-2005, 12:02 PM
cossie

ive had my xtr3e 1 and a half years and it has NEVER broke im still on the orignal tyres, bearings, all plastic parts apart from the front wisdbones cuz the purple 1's look kool, im still on the orignal gears, clutch brake pads+disc whole rear end. so nothign wrong with it and i drive like a physco on steroids
Old 02-19-2005, 12:27 PM
RabidRacer

cossie..... im sure many people love their pede and other traxxas cars. I am just not a fan of how they look, and i think the small blocks should be left to the touring cars and 2wd stadium trucks.

thats my opinion and sorry if i ofended anyone.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:44 PM
8ball

To answer your orignal question it will probably cost about $320. I wouldn't bother buying it though unless you never plan on racing because it would cost you more than the cost of a FT RC10GT to get this this race ready and the GT would be 10x as good.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:01 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

THAT JATO!...is wicked!!!....i'd take it over any other nitro st!
Old 02-19-2005, 04:09 PM
cossie

^^^^^^^
unless he is being sarcastic, that guy has some sense
Old 02-21-2005, 04:59 PM
HPIDUDE

traxxas needs to come out with some new engines, maybe apply the trx2.5 tech to a .21 and .12, then they'd have somthing on their heads
Old 02-26-2005, 04:59 PM
RusRacer69

Ok first off how many of you guys have ever drivin a traxxas? 2nd I have had a nitro 4 tec a T- maxx and i just reasontly sold my last one an x-factor that sucked, but point here i have had a Nitro rustler 2.5 for over 2 years but i sold it and got out of rc about a year ago, and saw that traxxas came out with the jato, so im getting back int rc beacuse of it.
I had over $1300 into my rustler and it could hit 69 MPH it was clocked 3 times of accurtcey my a police officer. traxxas has some of thej best trucks out there, the Rustler ,T-Maxx, Revo, and now the Jato. It may not be the best racer stock, but i bet it will kick all other companys asses when it comes to speed, jumping, bashing, and stock duribility. When i got my rustler in 2003 i was breaking it in ,and i was doing my 5th tank going about 50MPH in a parking lot, my batts died and i went full speed and hit a curb.
when i got to it it was stiill running and my pipe had popped off the header and a scrathc on the frnt bumper.
so screw you guys who say that can only last a minute with breaking.
Also have you guys seen the revo do the 100 ft backflip to cement flat ground cough** TWICE**cough yea and keep going yea.......... so dont bash traxxas untill you have drivin one and own one. Just to tell ya yea it may not be ROAR legial but i have beat losi's from up too a minute at mt local track i even lapped one witha rustler, so shut up and go racer you little .12's at 30 mph

oh and yea a .15 isnt a big block .23 and up is smart one.
and the trx 2.5 is the second best small block out there, under mugens
Old 02-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Akira27

RusRacer-nicely said, and the JATO WILL KICK ASS[sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif]
Old 02-26-2005, 07:27 PM
qube

yes, do u realize you just owned everybody on this post that said the Jato is not worth buying. i think traxxas is a great company and although i dont have one, my brother has a 4-tec and i ahve to say hands down, it is very nice. as long as u know how to repond to quik situations, then traxxas is ur best rc freind.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:31 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

YEA MAN!....the JATO'S sick!
Old 02-26-2005, 09:12 PM
HPIDUDE

ORIGINAL: RusRacer69

Ok first off how many of you guys have ever drivin a traxxas? 2nd I have had a nitro 4 tec a T- maxx and i just reasontly sold my last one an x-factor that sucked, but point here i have had a Nitro rustler 2.5 for over 2 years but i sold it and got out of rc about a year ago, and saw that traxxas came out with the jato, so im getting back int rc beacuse of it.
I had over $1300 into my rustler and it could hit 69 MPH it was clocked 3 times of accurtcey my a police officer. traxxas has some of thej best trucks out there, the Rustler ,T-Maxx, Revo, and now the Jato. It may not be the best racer stock, but i bet it will kick all other companys asses when it comes to speed, jumping, bashing, and stock duribility. When i got my rustler in 2003 i was breaking it in ,and i was doing my 5th tank going about 50MPH in a parking lot, my batts died and i went full speed and hit a curb.
when i got to it it was stiill running and my pipe had popped off the header and a scrathc on the frnt bumper.
so screw you guys who say that can only last a minute with breaking.
Also have you guys seen the revo do the 100 ft backflip to cement flat ground cough** TWICE**cough yea and keep going yea.......... so dont bash traxxas untill you have drivin one and own one. Just to tell ya yea it may not be ROAR legial but i have beat losi's from up too a minute at mt local track i even lapped one witha rustler, so shut up and go racer you little .12's at 30 mph

oh and yea a .15 isnt a big block .23 and up is smart one.
and the trx 2.5 is the second best small block out there, under mugens
whoa, you need to calm down, first if you like traxxas, good for you we all have our own opinions. Second, the reason that you are beating losis is that they are running a smaller, race legal engines for competition and you are not, so a .15 will beat a .12. Third a .21 and up is a big-block not a .23 and up.[quote]ORIGINAL: RusRacer69

Old 02-26-2005, 09:14 PM
HPIDUDE

oh, and if you were trying to get pissed at me, I wasn't bashing traxxas just giving my opinion
Old 02-26-2005, 09:24 PM
S.A.E.W.O.T.
Banned

thats kooL!
Old 02-27-2005, 05:20 PM
RusRacer69

whoa i was pissed yesterday lol sorry bout that just can not stand negitivity to traxxas after all they have done for me, and i know its just your opinion and yea ur right baout the .23 i ment .21 but im just saying all you guys not just you are saying that jato wont beat **** but its beacuase it does come stock with a .15 and that may be why it does beat em but it does beat em no matter what engine you run,and also who is running them. traxxas is a great company and have great trucks and cars and boats, so all im saying is that most people who are bashing them have never even seen a traxxas run, they just hear peoples bad experinces with them.
sorry for the flamming, lol i was sorta having a bad day.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:20 PM
HPIDUDE

well, i have seen traxxas's run, not bad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.