Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

BIG NEWS!!THE FASTEST RTR CAR IN THE WORD BY SCHUMCHER,FASTER THAN THE CEN RECORD RTR!!MUST READ INF

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

BIG NEWS!!THE FASTEST RTR CAR IN THE WORD BY SCHUMCHER,FASTER THAN THE CEN RECORD RTR!!MUST READ INF

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 04:35 PM
123michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG NEWS!!THE FASTEST RTR CAR IN THE WORD BY SCHUMCHER,FASTER THAN THE CEN RECORD RTR!!MUST READ INF

http://www.racing-cars.com/main.asp?sitepages=fusion28 look!! i am probley one of the first people to read this infomation off schumacher site!!gess what!!i am getting one right now!!!!

The Fusion 28 is the fastest and most exciting nitro touring car ever created. It is powered by the awesome Schumacher X28 (4.5cc) engine built by Italy’s legendary engine manufacturer, Picco. This 7 port fully race tuned monster produces 2.85hp at 33000 rpm and, and with the help of the unique Schumacher 3 speed transmission, can propel the Fusion to an astonishing 80mph. The Fusion 28 has grip and handling to match thanks to the race developed fully adjustable suspension, straight from the 2006 & 2007 British National Championship winning Fusion R12, and ATS competition foam tyres. Complete with electric start system and a pre painted and trimmed body, the Fusion 28 is probably the fastest and most thrilling ready to run car in the world!

• 80 mph top speed
• 2.85hp 33000rpm Picco built .28 (4.5cc) engine
• 3 Speed transmission
• Electric start system
• Tuned pipe
• High grip competition Japanese foam tyres from ATS
• 4wd transmission with an enclosed 16mm wide kevlar reinforced drive belt
• 4mm thick strong aluminium anodised chassis
• Ball differentials with steel outdrives
• Fully adjustable race developed suspension
• Oil filled purple alloy shocks with ground colour coded springs
• Prepainted and trimmed polycarbonate body.
• Enclosed radio and battery box.
• Standard 200mm 1/10th scale bodies will fit.
• Standard 12mm touring car wheel hex.
• Full range of option parts available.

well go on some one say somthing,i know its gob smacking!!schumcher is so so so good man!!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Anthoop

Default RE: BIG NEWS!!THE FASTEST RTR CAR IN THE WORD BY SCHUMCHER,FASTER THAN THE CEN RECORD RTR!!MUST READ INF

hmmmm,buddy,don't do it!
I could of given you this info. oh two weeks ago!
Please understand that the actual chassis and design are probably four years old now....the update consists of a .28 picco motor.
The original had problems with clutch,transmission,ball diffs,handling...etc....these issues have not been addressed!
I have heard that a ALL new Fusion with the .28 is in planning...so to buy this now is a mistake.
If you intend to mod it anyway then carry on but for noobs or people who wish for things to just work this is not recommended.
Even though this is all negative it's meant more to help guys who will be impressed by the big banner saying "80 MPH".....please anyone has any q's then ask away as i know Schumacher cars pretty well.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:23 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: BIG NEWS!!THE FASTEST RTR CAR IN THE WORD BY SCHUMCHER,FASTER THAN THE CEN RECORD RTR!!MUST READ INF

Yeah, i'd be careful with that one.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:25 PM
123michael

[X(][X(][X(][X(]omg i have a schumacher menace and it is like the best man!!!!!so,i do know what schum,acher is like and the only problems i had with the manece was the brake hub ......i am astonished by what you have just said as this car is well the fastest and yes i have owned a schumacher menace for a long time and i intend to buy a schumacher fustion 28 as this is a beast of a nitro car!!!now the 4 year old chassis is atcherly a verry verry good desin by schumacher an delivers a high performace handrling scheme well the menace does eny way!!this time schumacher really have gone far with the performace this time!!! THE PRICE IS !!!£330 rtr brand new that is a ok price!! oh and this is probs as fast as a r12 edition.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:33 PM
123michael

OOOO,lol,i intend to mod it!!!thank you for the infomation but i know wht schumcher are like and yes they may have issues but this is onli if u intend to use the car all the time like every day and i dont,so.............
Old 11-03-2007, 05:34 PM
krazor

as Anthoop said they havent improved on the old model just bunged in a bigger engine on the fusion 2 and remaketed it i wonder how long the stock diff bearings are going to last with the increase in power...

Hey Anthoop you warmed to the new cooling head yet haha (cyberglass)
Old 11-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Anthoop

ORIGINAL: 123michael

[X(][X(][X(][X(]omg i have a schumacher menace and it is like the best man!!!!!so,i do know what schumacher is like and the only problems i had with the menace was the brake hub ......i am astonished by what you have just said as this car is well the fastest and yes i have owned a schumacher menace for a long time and i intend to buy a schumacher fustion 28 as this is a beast of a nitro car!!!now the 4 year old chassis is actually a very very good design by schumacher and delivers a high performace handling scheme well the menace does eny way!!this time schumacher really have gone far with the performace this time!!! THE PRICE IS !!!£330 rtr brand new that is a ok price!! oh and this is probs as fast as a r12 edition.
Goodness man...what are you saying here?If you actually own a Menace is it the on road (GTR) or the off road?Either way i'm sure you'll understand that the 1/8 Menace does not compare to the 1/10 Fusion?Besides which if you own the Menace then i'm sure you'll understand the poor bearing problems and the fact that it will very rarely reach third gear plus as you mentioned the plastic brake hub plus the extremely poor brakes plus the inadequate radio box plus the poor quality plastic plus....need i go on here???....and i've not even touched on the fact that the original Fusion not only has these faults plus handling woes with the TTr.21 let alone a Picco.28.....Please don't.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:41 PM
sloppyG

that'd be great fun until you hit a rock the size of a pea and it disintegrated
Old 11-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Anthoop

ORIGINAL: krazor

as Anthoop said they havent improved on the old model just bunged in a bigger engine on the fusion 2 and remaketed it i wonder how long the stock diff bearings are going to last with the increase in power...

Hey Anthoop you warmed to the new cooling head yet haha (cyberglass)
Ha....did wonder who you were untill i read to the end!!!!....No the head is still awful
Old 11-03-2007, 06:04 PM
123michael

i own the menace off road.my brakes are spot on,my tuning is spot on!! my skills are absolote tip top and plus i know what thes babys are like!!!! yeh yeh man listen i have been in 3rd gear today a lot on the menace truck and i also have not broken a single part today as i never do!! also i will do it i have had a lovley experience with the mence!! the menace is simlar to the fustion so i will be getting it!!ah and the fustion 28 may have better ball bearings and a better clutch.the fustion does not have eny issuies and ithar does the menace i would say it is perfect.ok im sure u will understand i like schumacher the best out of all the makes of rc a cars
Old 11-03-2007, 06:13 PM
123michael

schumacher solve these isuies as they did with the schumcher menace brake hubs (they brung a metal brake hub out).now me with my schumacher menace i have a plastic brake hub still but they work and do not melt as last time the brakes were on a little to tight.i have been on it all day and not had a problem with the car. the brakes are stoping absoltly brilliantly now!!! so why are u calling schumacher if they are not evan rubbish?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Fiegs

[sm=confused.gif]huh?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:26 PM
jatoracing33

remember...80mph is nothing if you cant control it, and by the looks of things this chassis doesnt have enough grip to do so
Old 11-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Fiegs

ORIGINAL: Fiegs

[sm=confused.gif]huh?
lol, nevermind my post.

for some reason my comp only loaded the post above my last one.
I had no idea what he was talking about.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Anthoop

ORIGINAL: 123michael

schumacher solve these isuies as they did with the schumcher menace brake hubs (they brung a metal brake hub out).now me with my schumacher menace i have a plastic brake hub still but they work and do not melt as last time the brakes were on a little to tight.i have been on it all day and not had a problem with the car. the brakes are stoping absoltly brilliantly now!!! so why are u calling schumacher if they are not evan rubbish?
Erm...i'm not calling Poomacher anymore because thet are rubbi*****he Menace in no way compares to the Fusion!The Menace 4x4 will not reach third gear every time!The Fusion does not handle well with the .21....let alone the heavier and much more powerful Picco.28....oh and the brakes....your kidding me right?
Are you telling me that a single disk is enough to haul this car down from 80mph with those rtr servos?Heck any servo?Do you have any understanding?....Hang on are you another Schumacher plant?????....i've seen this kind of deviousness over at Rcca before....but you have many posts here so i'm not sure???
Old 11-03-2007, 06:34 PM
DaveG55

He's not listening to what you have to say.
He blinded by the CLAIM of 80mph.
He'll be back asking what to do to make it right then you can either tell him how to fix it or say "told ya so" - your choice.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Anthoop

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

He's not listening to what you have to say.
He blinded by the CLAIM of 80mph.
He'll be back asking what to do to make it right then you can either tell him how to fix it or say "told ya so" - your choice.
Yep Dave...your probably right...if he does'nt wish to listen to my better knowledge then so be it!I tried to help!
Old 11-03-2007, 07:22 PM
GYNAIKAS

If you run on track with the fusion .28 you'll get shocked watching very simply modified ntc3s and RS4s smoking your car...
Old 11-03-2007, 08:33 PM
123michael

ok ok ,man yes the brakes do work and hope to become pro!!!!the brakes are good im sorry but they stop fairly good right it is carbon fibre for god sake.....atcherly the brakes on the schumacher menace skid along the floor fr 10 yards of you are in 3rd gear going top speed and yes i have been in 3rd gear meny of times meny meny of times.the 3rd gear onli works if you put the car full throttle on a strech.The second gear however works with quater throttle.u should read the schumacher menace reviev and really study the problems with them. ok so here we go http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=414
that is off a schumacher menace review!!! read the review yourself!!!!!!!!

Probably the major item I would change, or like to see changed, on the Menace is the steering servo. While the servo saver does a good job of protecting the servo, it can't stop everything this truck may encounter, especially when jumping. A good metal gear servo would be a tremendous improvement. Off-road trucks need strong steering servos, especially when they reach the speeds this one can. A little more servo torque wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing either.

All in all, Schumacher most certainly retains their crown when it comes to producing super fast vehicles. The side benefit is that with them using the Thunder Tiger to achieve these speeds, the truck is very easy to tune and holds the carburetor adjustments well. If speed is your number one priority, then you'll find that the Schumacher Nitro Menace is one truck that delivers what it promises.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:09 PM
jatoracing33

like i said, 80mph aint nothin if it doesnt handle. this reminds me of the traxxas stuff..."65mph I MUST HAVE THIS"...until i see something like this next to a big fat trophey i will not buy it
Old 11-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Anthoop

Ha-ha....now i know your talking er rubbish!
The brakes are good!The brakes will lock the wheels!!!!!!LOL
I have a MenaceGTR with a throttle/brake servo that can achieve around 100 oz of torque @6v....and it will not even come close to locking the wheels.......ever....bearing in mind i'm running the on road version with much smaller wheels.....now what were you saying?????
Oh and third gear?.....again i'm running the GTR....the on road version....smaller diameter wheels...can you explain why i cannot reach top gear with full throttle on a 1/4 mile stretch?????
Can you explain why i had to replace both plastic diff mouldings as they melted,can you explain why i had to replace the tyres before i had even finished running the motor in,can you explain why i had to replace the clutch to reach third gear (once),can you explain why i had to replace the bearings before completing a gallon of fuel,can you explain why i had to alter the gear shift points to ensure i (occasionally) reached third gear?.......again....need i go on?
Oh btw i'm a member at the Poomacher site under the same user name!Please...go and have a look!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 09:34 PM
DriftingDragon

its nice but its not off road ready
Old 11-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Anthoop

Oh dear...and the steering servo spring.....ha ha....it's weak for the on road....so what must it be like for the off road with larger wheels....please do not make me laugh!

Again though this thread is about the Fusion .28....and your comparing a Menace 4x4.......a different machine!
Both not worth the money....at all...but please get your facts right!
The only correct thing you have said is that the ThunderTiger.21 is easy to tune.....now there you are totally correct,it's an excellent motor!!!Easy to tune and also very easy to modify for extra power...and still keep good tune.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:53 AM
123michael

You have had a bad expierice with schumacher cars as i have not and i like schumacher cars.the brakes do lock on my menace when on tarmac.the stering is brilliant.i have had no problems with the schumacher mence and how the hell u melt the diff cases is outa my legue (rubblish-show me and i will berleive you).my break in was superb and the onli thing that went wrong was the brake hub melting from the heat of the brakes.the bearings are ball raced,so how do u brake them????????????????????????
Old 11-04-2007, 05:58 AM
123michael

the stering was fine!!!!!!!i have been off road menny meny of times and got the whole thing covred in mud and nothing broke still.it does not have a week stering servo!!! u are making me laugh now!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.