Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

**Official** RXT-1 Truggy thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 12:03 PM
ranger4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: **Official** RXT-1 Truggy thread

how about just love the whole thing i really wanna get one that thing looks killer
Old 05-11-2008, 12:18 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, i sold 2 locally friday, real nice design, very well built and designed, really race ready.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:22 PM
rc rock

is there going to be a pro version of the rxt-1?
Old 05-11-2008, 12:24 PM
ehroof

i will have to put that out there but as of now, no. There is a pro version of the rxb-1, the 1/8 buggy, no radio or engine but carbon fiber and totally race ready.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:34 PM
papax5p

Check all screws!! This one with the bushing came out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75244.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	949570  
Old 05-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Macanan

Looks like I may be able to run my RXT 1 this Saturday after work, WOOHOOO can't wait
Old 05-16-2008, 07:41 PM
papax5p

Rubbing it in Mark?? Parts didn't come today but I have 2 backups to run tomorrow. Something will flip or break but it wont be the RXT-1!!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Macanan

Yeah im going to try and get a run in, not sure if I will be able to yet, and papa look at this picture and make sure you locktite this screw here, well that isn't the screw that goes there, the one that goes there got lost because I didn't locktite it

Name:	Pm35060.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	950680  
Old 05-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Redharris

Mac.....

Yessir, The BIG BLOCKS will Shake just about ANYTHING loose, if it's not Loc-Tited down real good.
Lost a few parts Myself....lol
Old 05-21-2008, 03:12 PM
papax5p

Another problem. Was going over the truggy today and was going to check the gear mesh and noticed that the screw that holds the clutch bell on was missing. Pulled the engine out and not only is the screw missing but also one of the bearings that goes on the clutchbell. The book shows a picture but no item number. It only gives the item number for the clutch bell. Went down to the LHS and she doesn't carry any. Any help??
Old 05-21-2008, 03:46 PM
ehroof

i will try to find out what you need bro
Old 05-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Macanan

Well I had a chance after work to take my RXT 1 out for a ride at the local park along with my T-Maxx 3.3, so I started out with the maxx running, found a good dirt hill and did a few jumps, then on my last jump it landed on it's back and cracked the bottom half of the gas tank, so I proceeded to get my RXT 1 out and run her, so I can get a good tune in her, got her fueled up, turned on all switches and did a precheck on all servo's and control's to make sure she would run good, I primed her up inserted the glow igniter and she cranked up first try, as a smile to my face appears and the engine running good, a few kids that was playing basketball came to the table where I was sitting at to see what it was that was making all the noise, I explained to them what it was and the questions started to fly, so as they was asking questions I set my RXT 1 down and did a few passes and an adjustment here and there to the high speed needle, I get her tuned in perfectly, so I run the RXT 1 around the grass and on the basketball court showing off with it, and the kids sit with enthusiasm apon there faces as I ran her up and down the hill and through the courts at full speed, then she dies out, she had run out of fuel, so I take her back in to get more fuel and filled her up, so I proceeded to start her up again and did a few passes in the grass to check out the tunning of her, then it happens she is coming toward me at full speed, Im like OO man don't she look good flying through the grass, tires bouncing over the bumps and WAIT WAIT I can't slow her down, she's not stopping I can steer her, but I can't stop her, with kids running around the park I did what I thought would be out of safety for the children and run her right into a brick wall, with the motor roaring and the tires spinning I choked her to death, pinched the fuel line till she died, Im like OMG that could have been something if I didn't have steering, or the quick thinking I did with running her into the wall, so I take her lifeless body back to the park bench I was sitting at and looked over her really good to see why it was she went awall, what had happened was the throttle and brake servo had quit on me it wouldn't move at all, but the steering worked perfectly, and seen that I had done some damage to the front bumper and the front plastic bumper shield, there could be more damage to her but I haven't brought her inside to get a good look at her yet, she is still sitting in the trunk on my car.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:35 PM
papax5p

Dang. I feel for you. I'm still waiting on the parts and to figure out what I need for the clutchbell bearing. I was able to get a screw and washer from the LHS but no bearing. I have a throttle return spring on mine. Sure hope it works!!
Old 05-22-2008, 07:48 PM
ehroof

i found the screw number papa, i am waiting to hear from HK about the bearing size, i cant find that information anywhere
Old 05-22-2008, 07:49 PM
ehroof

Sorry to hear it Mark, i had a servo on my mugen 1/8 on road get stuck open on full throttle and i had to try and do donuts with it until i could step on it and stop it, i still havent installed a throttle return spring on my rc's.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:15 PM
papax5p

I got a 3mm 18 screw that fits just fine. Does the clutchbell come with bearings installed? I know when Sean (need) ordered his cletchbell from Dennis, it didn't have bearings in it.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Macanan

Here is the only damage I can see that happened to my RXT 1 from hitting a brick wall, now thats some durability, other then the throttle servo thats bad in it now, that I'm going to replace.

Name:	Pn37529.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	954882  
Old 05-22-2008, 08:34 PM
need2drag
My Feedback: (1)

Dang Mark, that sucks bro. What is going on with these truggy's? Sounds like there are some issues with them. Hopefully this is something that get's fixed. I never thought this truggy would have so many issues right off of the bat. Hope everyone gets theirs fixed and no more problems.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:47 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: papax5p

Dang. I feel for you. I'm still waiting on the parts and to figure out what I need for the clutchbell bearing. I was able to get a screw and washer from the LHS but no bearing. I have a throttle return spring on mine. Sure hope it works!!
Hey papa, the part you need is 83008, its the complete setup for the clutchbell, the bearing size is 11x5x4 i emailed you the screw number. Sorry it took so long bro to get you the information, did you get your parts?
Old 05-22-2008, 09:09 PM
Redharris

Mark.....
Bro...you got off SO lucky
Old 05-24-2008, 12:41 AM
ugly duck

Looks an awful lot like the Team VTX [link=http://www.teamvtx.com/v4/default.asp?mod=vtx-st1-ga]ST1R[/link] truggy, except that the Vertex has the VX-26, quad disc brakes, and no front sway.

Since I've switched my focus towards a truggy, the Himoto looks quite appealing.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:00 PM
papax5p

Got the parts today and got them on. Ran one tank and started a little fine tuning. Had to adjust the throttle linkage today. Throttle would stick about 1/8th throttle after letting off. Hit the brakes and it goes down to idle. Everything else seems to be working good. Hope to run a couple tanks tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:04 PM
ehroof

glad you got all the parts, i hope you will have some good luck now!!! I have mine on the way, i had to have one, lol
Old 05-28-2008, 08:18 PM
papax5p

Well got to run today for 2 tanks and did a little tuning. Started to make a small video which is uploading right now but ran into steering issues. Battery pack is fully charged and checked the connections on the receiver. All was good. Swapped out the radio and receiver and still had the same issues. Started checking the wires on the servo and they were loose going into the servo. Started to pull the servo out and the wires pulled out of the servo. Will go to the LHS and get a new servo tomorrow. Besides that it was running pretty good.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Redharris

Papa.....
Dont know how electronically Handy you are.....
But you could open up that servo and probably just solder those wires back in place.
Loose wires on a servo are a pretty common occurrence....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.