Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

this is just plain wrong!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 07:46 PM
ranger4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is just plain wrong!!!!!

why is it that no member of rcu can flame or degrade a manufacturer but the mods can? this is hypocrisy at its finest in my opinion!!! check this out and tell me what you think. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7561120
Old 05-30-2008, 07:48 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: this is just plain wrong!!!!!

**content removed so post edited**
Old 05-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Macanan

I think someone needs to be fired for remarks like that on specific companies that knows nothing about them. When these companies PAY to have advertising and support in the VERY FORUMS that the mods are trying to put down
Old 05-30-2008, 07:50 PM
ranger4x4

this really doesn't surprise me one bit. i guess the mods are above the rules and regulations that govern rcu.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:56 PM
turboratt

i agree they can do no wrong
Old 05-30-2008, 08:11 PM
kuppler

ORIGINAL: HimotoRacingUSA

hey jayson, you see how he deletes and polices our posts and avatars in here, i am not suprised one bit by this or his words. plain stupidity, i am sure he would make a great wal mart greeter.
i am 100% with you on this eddie..... i just think its mest up how a MOD can downgrade/bash a company but no one els can say anything bad on any other RC company's
But i do think LIGHTFOOT would make a GREAT WAL MART GREETER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADAM!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:21 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**edited due to post removal**
Old 05-30-2008, 08:22 PM
ranger4x4

yea he meant it the same way a kick in the jaw means only the best.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:32 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

My first instinct was to just remove this thread as it's really not usually allowed to bash the moderator staff out in the open forums. But on second thought I am going to simply state the policy of RCU on this matter so that everybody understands. RCU does not, nor will they ever, dictate what the moderators can say in an open forum. As long as we follow the same rules of RCU in our posts, as we require our members to do as well, we can post our opinions just as freely as any other member. Just because a manufacturer/vendor is an advertiser that does not give them any special treatment, and it does not exempt them from criticism either. There are companies that advertise on RCU that I think put out pure junk and I will tell you straight to your face my opinion of their products if we are discussing it. Just because we are moderators it does not mean that we can't speak our minds.

Ken
Old 05-30-2008, 08:38 PM
ranger4x4

very true ken but when i stated my opinion on an open forum my posts were deleted and i was told to be careful what i say because i was"bashing" another manufacturer. and all i said was in my opinion i didn't like that manufacturer and i wouldn't buy their products. i also said that i'm sure they make a great product but i didn't like it. and i was chastised for stating my opinion on an open forum.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:50 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

I can't comment on that because I haven't seen the post that was removed. There are times that posts like that will be removed if they are considered manufacturer/vendor bashing, but there is a set of conditions that have to be met in those circumstances.

Ken
Old 05-30-2008, 09:14 PM
5lagd

removed by me

Old 05-30-2008, 09:24 PM
5lagd

just curious RCKen..... Who is higher than a moderator on RCU?
Old 05-30-2008, 09:32 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

ORIGINAL: DonnyNitro

just curious RCKen..... Who is higher than a moderator on RCU?
The food chain goes like this, bottom to top
Moderators
Community Moderators (of which I am one of)
Forum Managers - Lightfoot, Depfife
Administrator - Nathan
Owner - RCAdmin

That's they way it is

Ken
Old 05-31-2008, 01:35 AM
Swamp3r

I have had posts removed cause it was posted like 1 to 2 years ago and I'm sorry mods if I don't read back that far. But I can see 4 people I have alot of respect for, and I see they are p!ssed. I was a mod for 4 years on another site, and an admin for 2 years. I don't think a mod should be cutting down companies. If he wanted to relay his opinion he should have just kept it too himself or his friends. Bashing a company on a site that probably sees thousands of users is again just pure bs.And yet I'm gonna guess he is still a mod? I own 3 Redcats and only thing I've broken is a bumper due to bad driving and I've heard nothing but good things from friends at himoto. Delete this or ban me what ever. I don't think he should be a mod anymore. If he p!ssed of eddie enough for you guys to delete 2 of his posts I know he upset him. Hey Eddie maybe we should start our own forum.......Swamp
Old 05-31-2008, 01:46 AM
Swamp3r

ORIGINAL: ranger4x4

very true ken but when i stated my opinion on an open forum my posts were deleted and i was told to be careful what i say because i was"bashing" another manufacturer. and all i said was in my opinion i didn't like that manufacturer and i wouldn't buy their products. i also said that i'm sure they make a great product but i didn't like it. and i was chastised for stating my opinion on an open forum.
Nice point ranger...
Old 05-31-2008, 05:35 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why is it that no member of rcu can flame or degrade a manufacturer but the mods can? this is hypocrisy at its finest in my opinion!!! check this out and tell me what you think. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7561120
I can see the deleted posts. If you can remember, please could you explain to me where anything was degraded or flamed?

ORIGINAL: Swamp3r

Nice point ranger...
Saying you don't like a company and that you wouldn't buy from them, without giving a reason why, which is based on personal experience, is bashing. Period. If you had backed up your opinion with factual statements, the posts would not have been deleted.

This thread is an embarrassment to Himoto, and you all should be ashamed of yourselves for setting out on a witch hunt, in true medieval style. I'm really saddened to see allegedly mature adults reduced to this level of pettiness. There was nothing wrong with what Howard said in the first place. Furthermore, you've shown your contempt for Walmart by suggesting that your products are 'too good for them' (which I hope Howard has passed on), thereby alienating an outlet that could make himoto very rich indeed. lol, You actually degraded your own brand, not Howard, and if you can't see that, then you need to read things more carefully.

Howard said "If walmart were to sell HOBBY GRADE RC cars, they would be looking at brands like Himoto and Redcat". Let's analyse that. Walmart sells toys mostly, at the moment, o is not in the business of selling $550 racing cars. Howard went out of his way to distinguish that IF they were to sell HOBBY GRADE NOT TOYS cars, they would look at Himoto and Redcat. Why would they do that? Because himoto and redcat are established entry level lower cost HOBBY GRADE (as howard said) brands, better suited to fit into Walmarts brand line-up. What do you think they will sell Mugen or Xray? lol. Get real.

Any disagreement so far? Good. I really can't see how you can have a problem with that, its totally beyond me. If walmart did start selling redcat and himoto, it would be the best thing to ever happen to those companies, you really shot yourselves in the foot badly here.

When someone (mod or whatever) says something about HPI or Traxxas, do you see their distributors here complaining about it? No, of course you don't. Why? Professionalism. This has been blown up out of all proportion and turned into an embarrassment for all of you. You really look petty and childish, and not only that, but stupid as well, yes STUPID, because you misunderstood Howards post in the first place, then made your own 'foot in mouth' comments about Walmart. In the process tryuing to jump on Howard for suggesting... I don't know what. Can someone explain to me what EXACTLY was the problem with Howards statement?

Truly unbelievable. Nathan and Marc must be rolling around on the floor laughing. Personally, it makes me very sad.

PS. If you have to respond to this, please don't make it the classic 'Well you would defend another mod, blah, blah', as that has nothing to do with anything here. It's simple common sense, and if I was just another regular forum member, I'd be posting the same thing.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:24 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Very well said Foxy...
Old 05-31-2008, 06:32 AM
bkfamily1

Foxy,

I agree that everyone would be better off if we could lay off each other and stay focused on supporting a hobby we all enjoy. However, I also understand why people would get upset about Howard's post given his recent tendency to censor and delete the people that post in this forum. It does seem rather ironic to be aggressively policing people while making your own comments of questionable judgment. And I also agree that the mods should be holding themselves to a high standard and stay above reproach. Your conduct should be exemplary when you are in a position of authority. And if Howard/Lightfoot's comments were so innocuous, why were they removed?

By the way, I would not consider calling everybody "petty and childish, and not only that, but stupid as well, yes STUPID" exemplary either.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:38 AM
Foxy

Yeh, you're right, and I apologise, I was just ranting, this kind of mob sentiment gets me going. Sorry, it wasn't meant personally to anyone. You're right to pull me up about it. What I mean by it, and its a well known phrase, is that a person is smart but the mob is stupid. It's another reminder that we are, bottom line, still pack animals, despite our alleged 'evolution'.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:02 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: bkfamily1

Foxy,

I agree that everyone would be better off if we could lay off each other and stay focused on supporting a hobby we all enjoy. However, I also understand why people would get upset about Howard's post given his recent tendency to censor and delete the people that post in this forum. It does seem rather ironic to be aggressively policing people while making your own comments of questionable judgment. And I also agree that the mods should be holding themselves to a high standard and stay above reproach. Your conduct should be exemplary when you are in a position of authority. And if Howard/Lightfoot's comments were so innocuous, why were they removed?

By the way, I would not consider calling everybody "petty and childish, and not only that, but stupid as well, yes STUPID" exemplary either.
Howard is the forum manager, this is a private forum. He can do whatever he likes.

In any case, I do not think his comment was questionable, and THAT's what's ironic. His comment was absolutely neutral, not negative, not positive. Nothing questionable about it.

I hold myself to a high standard, but that's not imposed on me. The fact that I have the ability to delete posts which break RCU rules, which are laid out for me, does not mean I can't post my own opinion about whatever I like, as long as I abide by the same rules. Mods are people too.

Let me get this straight... you want mods, who dedicate their time each day (hours in my case, EVERY day), to making this community a better place for everyone, UNPAID, to also hold back their own opinions in a community they maintain.? No, I absolutely won't do that, and I am insulted by your suggestion that I should. Authority or not, I have the right to make use of the community I invest my time in looking after.

Howards comments were removed because of the comments that followed, you can't very well delete a poostorm and leave the post that started it. If the comment had been taken in the spirit in which it was meant and not grossly misunderstood, it would still be there now.

As for my comments, yes, you're right, but I'm not editing the post cos I mean it. I want to stress though that it's not meant personally to anyone in particular, I refer to the mob mentality. There's a great phrase 'A person is smart, but people are stupid', and that's what happened here.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:25 AM
ugly duck

Personally, I thought it was a compliment to Redcat and Himoto that he called them "hobby grade", when in many peoples' eyes (based on the 1/10 scale truck reliability, one of which I own and love) they are merely "toy grade". That was the first thing that stood out at me, because whenever I've mentioned that I own a Redcat I get the whole eye roll and "you could buy a real truck one day, ya know" treatment. Ken knows my sentiments about this, I think...

I would put Traxxas firmly in the "hobby grade" category, but I would also put them in the "overpriced" category, and everyone in this forum SHOULD be able to agree that the Redcat/Himoto 1/8 machines represent the much better value. Being married to a die-hard Walmart shopper, I understand the reasoning towards them selling the better value. Whether or not this was his original intent, it's certainly a reasonable explanation, and based on the above paragraph I genuinely think that he was dealing a compliment in both areas ("hobby grade" and the better value).

However, if Walmart ever started selling Redcat or Himoto, some pretty terrible things would happen to the brand's credibility: First of all, they would forever be classified as toys and/or junk. (Do you think that any LHS will carry Traxxas if Walmart picked them up? Not on your life.) Second of all, resellers would go out of business because Walmart would demand price fixing, which combines with my third point in that they couldn't sell them for the same price as the current resellers can buy them. Finally, is Walmart going to carry all the spares? You certainly can't buy them at the LHS, so when the Walmart shoppers bust their trucks up, where are these people going to go? Since we bought our trucks online we already know what we're getting into, but when the Walmart shoppers can't find parts what do you think will happen?

The Traxxas guys are upset about this just as much as you guys are, and for the same reasons, and I see that as fair and reasonable behavior. Walmart would ruin the company.

I should also add a note to Ken: Regarding the spamming issue, I think it's much better that you locked one and let the other thread continue, rather than just delete them both.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:29 AM
bkfamily1

Foxy,

I completely agree that the mods should be able to use the forums freely just like the other members. And while I appreciate your time and the time of other mods to support the forums, I would also point out that doing so is your choice. And if you do not want the responsibility of conducting yourself in a manner befitting a leader, nobody is forcing it on you. I still believe that the mods should demonstrate the best standard of conduct in the forums that they care so much about. You rightly point out that you should be able to post as long as you follow the same rules that you enforce. It seems that the real issue people have here is that they have been edited and deleted by mods who turn around and exhibit what is seen as similar behavior. And based on your "everyone follows the same rules" idea, that does not seem right.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:38 AM
need2drag

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: bkfamily1

Foxy,

Howard is the forum manager, this is a private forum. He can do whatever he likes.

In any case, I do not think his comment was questionable, and THAT's what's ironic. His comment was absolutely neutral, not negative, not positive. Nothing questionable about it.

I hold myself to a high standard, but that's not imposed on me. The fact that I have the ability to delete posts which break RCU rules, which are laid out for me, does not mean I can't post my own opinion about whatever I like, as long as I abide by the same rules. Mods are people too.

Let me get this straight... you want mods, who dedicate their time each day (hours in my case, EVERY day), to making this community a better place for everyone, UNPAID, to also hold back their own opinions in a community they maintain.? No, I absolutely won't do that, and I am insulted by your suggestion that I should. Authority or not, I have the right to make use of the community I invest my time in looking after.

Howards comments were removed because of the comments that followed, you can't very well delete a poostorm and leave the post that started it. If the comment had been taken in the spirit in which it was meant and not grossly misunderstood, it would still be there now.

As for my comments, yes, you're right, but I'm not editing the post cos I mean it. I want to stress though that it's not meant personally to anyone in particular, I refer to the mob mentality. There's a great phrase 'A person is smart, but people are stupid', and that's what happened here.
I don't see how you can say "He can do what ever he wants." To me that sounds like no one cares what he does and if he was to just start deleting what ever he wanted to for no reason, nothing would get done about it. I noticed that Lightfoots comment was not made about Himoto and Redcat until someone stated that Walmart had tried selling RC's like these there before, and it flopped and no one liked them, because the looked boring and cheap. Seems kinda funny that it took that long for him to say something along those lines. And as far as dedicating time to the forum, many people who are not Admin's do this as well. They get on here and help people regardless of brand of RC, and they don't get the respect like you expect the admins to get. I also seen you said something along the lines of HPI and Traxxas distributors not coming in here and complaining. Well, I don't see that they come on here much at all and "SUPPORT" the people who are having issues and need help with their HPI and Traxxas vehicles like Himoto and Redcat do, especially Himoto. I have noticed a lot of things happening lately as far as deleted post, deleted avatars, and lord knows what else, since Himoto has come along, and attracted most of the users on this forum. I don't know if this is coincidence or if someone just doesn't like it, but the timing is funny to me. It seems to me that some admins seem to do things for personal reasons, rather than because it is right.

All anyone was saying is that Admins should be careful of what they write, just the same as any other user. No one ever said you had to hide your opinion, all though I think calling us stupid is out of line, but you should choose your words wisely.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Foxy

I chose my words very wisely. Does the language I use indicate that I would do anything else? I'm done with this topic. Thanks. If you get the impression that I am annoyed, your instincts serve you well. I think you've all made a huge mistake here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.