RCU Forums - View Single Post - this is just plain wrong!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 05:35 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: this is just plain wrong!!!!!

ORIGINAL: ranger4x4

why is it that no member of rcu can flame or degrade a manufacturer but the mods can? this is hypocrisy at its finest in my opinion!!! check this out and tell me what you think. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7561120
I can see the deleted posts. If you can remember, please could you explain to me where anything was degraded or flamed?

ORIGINAL: Swamp3r

ORIGINAL: ranger4x4

very true ken but when i stated my opinion on an open forum my posts were deleted and i was told to be careful what i say because i was"bashing" another manufacturer. and all i said was in my opinion i didn't like that manufacturer and i wouldn't buy their products. i also said that i'm sure they make a great product but i didn't like it. and i was chastised for stating my opinion on an open forum.
Nice point ranger...
Saying you don't like a company and that you wouldn't buy from them, without giving a reason why, which is based on personal experience, is bashing. Period. If you had backed up your opinion with factual statements, the posts would not have been deleted.

This thread is an embarrassment to Himoto, and you all should be ashamed of yourselves for setting out on a witch hunt, in true medieval style. I'm really saddened to see allegedly mature adults reduced to this level of pettiness. There was nothing wrong with what Howard said in the first place. Furthermore, you've shown your contempt for Walmart by suggesting that your products are 'too good for them' (which I hope Howard has passed on), thereby alienating an outlet that could make himoto very rich indeed. lol, You actually degraded your own brand, not Howard, and if you can't see that, then you need to read things more carefully.

Howard said "If walmart were to sell HOBBY GRADE RC cars, they would be looking at brands like Himoto and Redcat". Let's analyse that. Walmart sells toys mostly, at the moment, o is not in the business of selling $550 racing cars. Howard went out of his way to distinguish that IF they were to sell HOBBY GRADE NOT TOYS cars, they would look at Himoto and Redcat. Why would they do that? Because himoto and redcat are established entry level lower cost HOBBY GRADE (as howard said) brands, better suited to fit into Walmarts brand line-up. What do you think they will sell Mugen or Xray? lol. Get real.

Any disagreement so far? Good. I really can't see how you can have a problem with that, its totally beyond me. If walmart did start selling redcat and himoto, it would be the best thing to ever happen to those companies, you really shot yourselves in the foot badly here.

When someone (mod or whatever) says something about HPI or Traxxas, do you see their distributors here complaining about it? No, of course you don't. Why? Professionalism. This has been blown up out of all proportion and turned into an embarrassment for all of you. You really look petty and childish, and not only that, but stupid as well, yes STUPID, because you misunderstood Howards post in the first place, then made your own 'foot in mouth' comments about Walmart. In the process tryuing to jump on Howard for suggesting... I don't know what. Can someone explain to me what EXACTLY was the problem with Howards statement?

Truly unbelievable. Nathan and Marc must be rolling around on the floor laughing. Personally, it makes me very sad.

PS. If you have to respond to this, please don't make it the classic 'Well you would defend another mod, blah, blah', as that has nothing to do with anything here. It's simple common sense, and if I was just another regular forum member, I'd be posting the same thing.