Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help On Pricing A Hpi Super Nitro!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 10:06 AM
DESERT RATT
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help On Pricing A Hpi Super Nitro!

I have a SUPER NITRO that I just can't use anymore. (I had a store in a shopping mall and could "play" with it in the back parking lot), I moved the store and don't have the large blacktop parking lot any more. I live in a rural area, no clubs,hobby stores etc. for 65 miles so it's just sitting around collecting dust.
It's equipped it with the HPI NOVA ROSSI 12/slide carb, 2 speed tranny,graphite upper decks,wolf pack rear shock tower,anodized belt tensioner,metalic fiber brake pad,heat sink engine mounts,extra clutch bell for the two speed,extra belt,extra set of teflon piston set and some other stuff I don't remember.
I have extra shock springs,K&N air filter.and a set of anti-sway bars. much of this stuff is still in the original package or at least not installed yet.

I also have the original HPI 15 that came with this car in it's box not even broken in yet.(I DON'T LIKE NO BOTTOM END ADJUSTMENT) I started it and decided to go with the HPI NOVA ROSSI 12(non pull start) instead.
This car has not had a gallon of gas ran through it. I broke the engine in VERBATUM to the instructions. (very boring)

It's controlled by a HITEC LYNX FM RADIO, CIRRUS C-60 hi torque servo on the steering and a hitec hs 300BB for the throttle.

The wife bought me the car for my birthday and the engine for fathers day, I purchased the add ons. It's NEVER been raced! hardly been ran! I'm 49 years old so no kid has had his hands on it to abuse it yet. And no I'm not saying that all kids abuse there stuff but many do.I wasn't going to part with it because it was a gift! but the wife gave me the GO AHEAD because I have no place to run it.. and she won't get mad at me. (I hate parting with something that was a gift)

My question to you guys is what the heck is it worth? I know there's a bundle in it, and it's in absolutely pristene shape.

I would like to know your opinions on the value AS IS COMPLETE!
also the value with out the NOVA ROSSI! (I'll throw in the 15 FE factory engine)

how much without the radio

how much without both the radio and 12 engine. (I can use them in a gas truck I purchased here on RCU)

I won't give it away,I'll keep it in the closet first. I "may" be open to some trades! not sure what, but NO ELECTRICS.

I just do not know what to ask for it!

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ADVICE AND KNOWLEDGE!

When I do figure what it's worth I'll post it here on RCU first and if it doesn't go, I'll go the E-BAY route.

RON in NEVADA
Old 03-31-2002, 07:23 PM
Mopzilla

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2-300 dollars? that's where i'd draw the line...

try ebay!
Old 03-31-2002, 11:34 PM
FlyinRazorback
My Feedback: (8)

Since you live in a rural area why not trade it for a monster truck. That's if you can find someone willing to get rid of theirs
Old 04-01-2002, 04:51 AM
DESERT RATT
My Feedback: (7)

RAZORBACK,
I just bought two off road trucks in the for sale section here at RCU. one a CEN which I just received (really nice truck,in nice shape)and the other a KYOSHO pro with an OS 12 cv, which i'm still waiting for. I have an 8 year old that wants to play also. But I woulcn't be against a 1/8 scale buggy or truck.
But I'm thinking about keeping the HPI 12 for one or the other ones that I just bought. and maybe the radio.. just depends.

I'm going through my receipts now to get an idea of what I have in it.
What a bummer, getting something then getting rid of it. It would be one thing if it were no good, but that's not the case, this car is really fun, even for just a parking lot stormer. It really hauls.

thanks for the response,

RON in NEVADA
Old 04-06-2002, 01:16 AM
hilltopper-RCU

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dont get jerked

make sure you get your money's worth.it looks like you put a lot of work into that car...