Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

27MHz Traxxas Transmitter Trim problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

27MHz Traxxas Transmitter Trim problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Robeacon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27MHz Traxxas Transmitter Trim problem

Traxxas Slash 2WD XL5 ESCwith outLow Voltage Detection. Traxxas TQ 27MHz AM transmitter. Transmitter set to 50/50
I have tried calibrating the transmitter to the car mutliple times now with a fresh battery. After calibration I have to roll the trim back about an 1/8 turn to get the green light on the esc. The car will run forward and reverse but I'm not getting full power out of the car. The Slash is faster in reverse than in forward. If i'm running a straight line trigger at 100% i can turn the trim up to 0 and the car gets a good amount of extra oomph which in my mind is WOT. When I release the trigger back to neutral the car is traveling at about 3/4 throttle still. I want Full power!

Old 04-02-2012, 02:31 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 27MHz Traxxas Transmitter Trim problem

Sounds like the ESC needs reseting... Im assuming u have gone from 70-30 to 50-50?

1. Disconnect one of the motor wires between the XL-5 and the motor. This is a precaution to prevent runaway when the speed control is turned on for the first time (before it is programmed). The motor does not run during the programming sequence. If the motor wires are soldered you may leave them connected, but make sure to enter the programming mode directly (step 4) to avoid a runaway.
2. Connect a fully charged battery pack to the XL-5.
3. Turn on the transmitter (with the throttle at neutral as described above).
4. Press and hold the ESC set button. The LED will first turn green and then red. Once the LED turns red, immediately release the set button. The red LED will turn off after three seconds.
5. Next, the LED will blink RED ONCE. Pull the throttle trigger to the full throttle position and hold it there.
6. After three seconds, the LED will blink RED TWICE. Push the throttle trigger to the full reverse/brake position and hold it there.
7. Finally, the LED will turn solid GREEN, indicating the programming sequence is complete. The LED continuously shines green indicating the XL-5 is on and at neutral.
8. To turn the XL-5 off, press the set button until the green LED turns off.