Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

Parma 32 ford chassis

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:02 AM
ahr43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parma 32 ford chassis

ORIGINAL: JUST ENUF

Pics of the 32 ford chassis with Hpi 68 Camaro body
R-E-A-L nice Jim. Love that HPI Camaro body. Excellent detaining on the GMC blower, piping, etc. Now it's time to get some timing slips on that car??

//AC//
Team AHR43
Old 08-20-2007, 10:15 AM
builder jim

THIS WEEKEND MY SON AND I WILL RUN HIS A GMS AND MY PARMA OFF. 132 MEASURED FT WITH COMPUTER TIMING MY SON HAS A PROGRAM THAT DOES ALL OF THAT ALONG WITH A VIDEO CAMERA. FOR THE CLOSE ONES, WILL POST RESULTS AND ARE PLANING THE CELINA SEPT TRIP FOR ACTUAL TIMING THOUGH HIS SET UP IS PRETTY GOOD. THANK YOU FOR THE NICE COMENTS. AM DOING UP A 66 MUSTANG BODY W/PRO STYLE HOOD SCOOP AS ITS LESS WEIGHT THAN THE BLOWER AND LESS OF AN AIR CATCHER, LIGHTER IN COLOR SO AS I CAN SEE IT BETTER, DARK FOR ME IS NOT GOOD. THANKS AGAIN JIM
Old 10-01-2007, 02:06 PM
builder jim

this past weekend my son and I went to celina to run the cars in s/g and decited to run in bracket class, mine turned 3.0 at 50 mph with no problems, I ran a 70 tooth spur with a 28 pinon, 3in super soft parmas, with teamck point 12 turn double, 66 hpi mustang body. parma chassie with walbern steering and rear hubs, axel and bearings, novack unlimited esc. he ran a gms drag spec with walbern rear hubs on off switch 7 turn single, 2 1/2 tires, both of us used 4200 6pack batteries his turned 2.32 at 56, mph wow it was quick. want to thank ahr43 and griz for all your help many good things you both helped us with, thank all of you. jim with just enuf..
Old 10-01-2007, 02:27 PM
ahr43

Hi Jim and son,

Good to read you both ran well. 2.9-3.0sec is right where a bracket car becomes a consistent class threat! And, 50MPH to boot! You got yourself a top end car! Congrats - you done good on the set-up.

2.32 is a real good, reliable time for the GMS DragSpec. Here, we're planning for a 2.50sec Index Chassis out of the DragSpec. Seems an easy do now that we've read your results. Yeah, there's quicker times out there, but you'll know where the car wants to settle in. Work your own set-up.

Oh! Thanks for the kudos. Happy we could help.

ac
Old 10-01-2007, 05:45 PM
builder jim

[&o]IS INDEX WHERE A PERSON DAILS HIS OR HER CAR INTO.? VIA GEARS, TIRE SIZE 60/40 ? THINK i'll need some explaining, oh I'D BETTER TELL YA MY REACTION TIME SUCKS ITS BETWEEN 7 AND 9 LOUSEY i know but will learn where to stage the car and what light to watch.[:-]
Old 10-01-2007, 06:06 PM
ahr43

ORIGINAL: JUST ENUF

[&o]IS INDEX WHERE A PERSON DAILS HIS OR HER CAR INTO.? VIA GEARS, TIRE SIZE 60/40 ? THINK i'll need some explaining, oh I'D BETTER TELL YA MY REACTION TIME SUCKS ITS BETWEEN 7 AND 9 LOUSEY i know but will learn where to stage the car and what light to watch.[:-]
Hi Jim,

Index Class has no dial in. E.T. is whatever the Index Class is. For example, SAMDRL (San Antonio Model Drag Racing League) has a very popular 2.50sec Index Class. You go 2.50sec or slower - anything better than the other lane, you win. You go quicker than 2.50sec, like 2.499, you lose by break-out. A really economical way to go heads-up racing. A racer can dump as little or as much in the car as they want to. The great leveler is the E.T. Index. Last time I ran the 2.50sec Index Class at SAMDRL, I had a 2.56 E.T. average in quals, and still only qualified #6 out of 9 cars!! That's how close the heads-up E.T. Index racing is.

Yeah, RT is a moving target! And it doesn't get any better with age.... Just keep working at it. Develop a rythym at the start line and stay with it, it'll come around.

ac
Old 10-02-2007, 06:32 AM
builder jim

[sm=72_72.gif] OK, AND THANK YOU FOR THE INFO AL. AM IN THE MIDDLE ON WHAT AM DOING FOR NEXT SPRING, MAYBE JUST BETTER THINGS ON THIS CAR AND TRY BEING A CONSENT THREAT TO THE 3.0 BRKT CLASS WILL MAKE UP MY MIND SOON, GOING TO DO MORE GEAR CALC TO DAIL IT IN . AGAIN THANK YOU AL FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE....JIM