Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

associated SC10 brushless rtr

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 02:49 PM
zman5000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default associated SC10 brushless rtr

i just picked up an associated SC10 brushless rtr and was wondering what the most beneficial hop ups would be. it's first run will be tomorrow so i'll know a bit more about it. it seems the shocks are set right as well as the links, and the motor works right.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:44 PM
soul_hammer

Default RE: associated SC10 brushless rtr

i would like to hear about this rig also i just ordered the rockstar brushless version mainly for bashing but i might hit the track a bit this winter. so lets hear it please?
Old 10-17-2010, 06:39 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give it a run and see what areas you'd like to improve.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:45 PM
hasek1616

see what all they changed on the factory team edition for starters, other than that i cant help you too much cuz i dont have the car
Old 10-17-2010, 07:20 PM
zman5000

i drove 40 miles to race this truckand the speed control lost memory, and it took about an hour to get it working-the instructions SUCK. so i get that fixed and the slipper doesn't want to tighten up, got that fixed, then in the setup book they said to move the battery back for more rear traction, except i had to dremel the battery lid so the lipo would slide back, got that fixed. then the shocks had maybe fish oil in them so new shock oil. then on this track the kit rear tires were no good, and nobody had a spare set of the ones that do so i bummed some j-concepts tires and they were a little better. so after all that i finished 3rd in the B-main out of 4 trucks, not so good.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:47 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

RPM ballcups, tires, RPM bumper, CVDs.

Gear diff is fine, leave it.

If you're racing, ThunderbirdJunkie can give you a decent baseline setup for the truck, just toss a PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:05 AM
topdogg11

ORIGINAL: zman5000

i just picked up an associated SC10 brushless rtr and was wondering what the most beneficial hop ups would be.
The best hop up, in MYOPINION, would be something to make it durable. I would suggest building a crate around it lined with thick styrofoam everywhere to protect it.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:12 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

huh? there's nothing wrong with the sc10's durability.

people who criticize the durability of any of the excellent offerings by companies who build race vehicles need to learn to drive and stop hitting stuff.
i'm serious and not trying to start a flame war. the sc10 is plenty durable. i don't even own a sc truck but i see them every week at the track and they don't break often at all.

if anything is fragile it's the 4wd buggies.

to the op, find out what tires the fast guys are running (fronts too) and what shock oil/pistons/and springs. then you'll be close.
next would be to check camber and toe.

keep at it, you'll get better in time.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:18 AM
crunchNmunch

ORIGINAL: zman5000

i drove 40 miles to race this truckand the speed control lost memory, and it took about an hour to get it working-the instructions SUCK. so i get that fixed and the slipper doesn't want to tighten up, got that fixed, then in the setup book they said to move the battery back for more rear traction, except i had to dremel the battery lid so the lipo would slide back, got that fixed. then the shocks had maybe fish oil in them so new shock oil. then on this track the kit rear tires were no good, and nobody had a spare set of the ones that do so i bummed some j-concepts tires and they were a little better. so after all that i finished 3rd in the B-main out of 4 trucks, not so good.
RTRdoesn't stand for Ready To Race, it stands for Ready To Run.
Of course the stock electronics leave a little to be desired, reading the instruction manual prior to running always helps, they're cheap.
And of course, changes need to be made to make anything race-worthy. That's why this is a hobby (you have to do things and actually work on your truck), and racing requires work (it's notchargeupand go racing) if you want any level of success.
Seems as if most of your problems should/could have been sorted out before going to the track, if you'd taken the time.
And if you'd expected to win the first time on the track, or been in the A-main, you hadn't considered that your competitors have been at this a little longer than you.
This isn't like a video game, you have to do something beyond sitting on the couch and turning it on. Learn some patience.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Greer

I am interested in the associated SC10. I would like to know however, if there are kits which i can put together without purchasing additional parts.

-Greer-
Old 04-05-2012, 09:53 AM
RCMulisha88

I just bought the SC10 and I love it, but its my first ever R/C....From what i've seen its, DURABLE, FAST, and Easy to work on, I'd say tires, and a good Lipo.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:06 PM
FahrtAutoRC

ORIGINAL: RCMulisha88
I'd say tires, and a good Lipo.
+1. This should be anybodys number one upgrade. LiPo and charger can be found very cheap at hobbyking.com, just make sure to order only from the U.S. warehouse, or expect long waits for shipping. Tires would be something you would have to ask your fellow local racers, as they can better advise you what to use on that particular track.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:54 PM
PortoRocSC10

If you are about to purchase a kit then you should just go with a Factory Team 4x4 IMO. Compared to the others you already have your sway bars, saddle pack battery tray (better center of gravity), Titanium turnbuckles, majority of the screws are aluminum (and blue PIMP!!), and a Carbon fiber chassis brace (helps the roll). I have a SC10 4x4 and I wished I just had waited for it to come out.

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_and_trucks/SC10_4x4/Factory_Team/