Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Viper Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:30 AM
plasma 327

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Viper Brushless

Considering trying out a Viper Brushless system. Any viper owners here??
Old 08-31-2011, 11:02 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Viper Brushless

Is this the system by XTM?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:07 AM
plasma 327

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

I do not believe so. Its an Anerican company out Seattle i believe.

http://www.viper-rc.com/vst_xl.html
Old 08-31-2011, 11:10 AM
plasma 327

ORIGINAL: plasma 327

I do not believe so. Its an Anerican company out Seattle i believe.

http://www.viper-rc.com/vst_xl.html
Sorry for the typo "Amercian"
Old 08-31-2011, 12:57 PM
cumminspower5.9

Yea xtm uses those also. look up on youtube videos on the new xtm with the viper system in it. that should give you a good idea of what it does in a 1/10 buggy. they seem pretty decent. i would just try to find user reviews. i personally havent used it if thats what you were looking for. but its pretty new so i dont think anyone has had the chance to try it out yet. like i said, your best bet is to prob find user reviews for the people that did get it.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:26 PM
OvalRacer99

After running Novak only for 20+ years, I made the switch to Viper about 6 months ago and can't complain.
I ran a Viper VTX10 with a Novak 13.5 in a SC10 offroad, now tryin it on carpet oval and am close to running with the Tekins.
Still expermenting with esc programing, car set up and gearing, but I am within less that 1 to 2 tenths of a second behind.

Have not had a single issue with it, so I highly recamend what Viper is offering. Very pleased so far.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:03 PM
BigTb17

Yea xtm uses those also. look up on youtube videos on the new xtm with the viper system in it. that should give you a good idea of what it does in a 1/10 buggy. they seem pretty decent. i would just try to find user reviews. i personally havent used it if thats what you were looking for. but its pretty new so i dont think anyone has had the chance to try it out yet. like i said, your best bet is to prob find user reviews for the people that did get it.
Do you have any links? I can't seem to find anything relating to a Viper system being used in XTM vehicles (YouTube or otherwise).
Old 08-31-2011, 10:14 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Yea xtm uses those also. look up on youtube videos on the new xtm with the viper system in it. that should give you a good idea of what it does in a 1/10 buggy. they seem pretty decent. i would just try to find user reviews. i personally havent used it if thats what you were looking for. but its pretty new so i dont think anyone has had the chance to try it out yet. like i said, your best bet is to prob find user reviews for the people that did get it.
Viper RC is some high end stuff. It's on par with Tekin, quality-wise. XTM's stuff, on the other hand, uses Hobbywing electroncis. Please, don't confuse the two. It's like confusing a Tekin G11 with one of those Chinese Futaba MC330R copies.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:01 AM
cumminspower5.9

I believe the xtm website should have something there about it. the viper system is used in the xt2.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:03 AM
cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Yea xtm uses those also. look up on youtube videos on the new xtm with the viper system in it. that should give you a good idea of what it does in a 1/10 buggy.they seem pretty decent. i would just try to find user reviews. i personally havent used it if thats what you were looking for. but its pretty new so i dont think anyone has had the chance to try it out yet. like i said, your best bet is to prob find user reviews for the people that did get it.
Viper RC is some high end stuff. It's on par with Tekin, quality-wise. XTM's stuff, on the other hand, uses Hobbywing electroncis. Please, don't confuse the two. It's like confusing a Tekin G11 with one of those Chinese Futaba MC330R copies.
Didnt know that lol. im sure everyone uses all sorts of different brands and call them their own huh?