I'm starting off with my old slash, I've striped it down and im selling the chassis, proline chassis saver, RPM rear skid plate, front skid plate, RPM nurfbars bars and stock bellcrank to a friend
I've given the remainder parts a clean using soapy water and scribing brush (including gears). Then gave the electronics and wires a good clean with window cleaner. I thoroughly dried everything with paper towl and a heat lamp.
Everything apart from the tyres is now clean, time to protect and dye some bits
I've heated up 1/3 of a packet of rite dye black on the stove just hot enough that it's not simmering. I've then cooked the front bulkhead and the gearbox housing for about 60min intill a dark black. Removed items and let them to cool befor ringing them off in water.
All my parts are now black yay
Now they are dry it's time to protect the plastic, I've used a spray silicon garage door lube to coat everything...
Now I'm doing the fun 20h waiting for it all to dry.
Waiting for that I've cleaned all the wheel and gearbox bearings using a RPM bearing blaster and I'm using a silicone spray to lube them.
God damm they are fast... I've used a very light smere of Grim Reaper Speed Grease (waterproof) on the gears and diff.
And now it's one very smoothe gearbox. It's cool I can spin it up by hand and it keeps on going for a few seconds.
I've refitted the motor and I've got the mesh set to a smaller gap,(very slight backlash) and doubble checked that the mesh was consistant around the spur gear. All sweet
I will re visit the diff later on in the build.