Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Team associated rc10 b3 tire hunt

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 01:15 AM
Northwood007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team associated rc10 b3 tire hunt

Hi all,

I'm new here 😀 but not to RC although it's been a while.

I have an old associated rc10 b3 in need of new tires. The parts are
2.2 Pro line 4 rib #6878 fronts
Pro line holeshot #6825 rears

No end of googling has left me confused and without luck. Can anyone help and point me in the right direction please.

Trying to get the car up and running again after a bit of a layoff.

Thanks
Chris
Old 01-03-2019, 06:46 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

fronts: https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...ront-tires.asp

rears: https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...rear-tires.asp
Old 01-05-2019, 01:25 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What sort of surface you running on? That'll be a huge decider in what tires work and what tires don't. 1/10 2WD buggies are still a thriving race class(and one I'm entering myself with a B4.2), so 2.2 buggy tires are commonplace and highly varied.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:21 PM
suburban_hooligan

it's a B3, how competitive do you think it can be? he's probably just farting around with it. so realistically he needs basher tires. but sense he asked specifically i answered specifically. but who knows, hopefully the dude will come back and chime in. the 3rd gens are solid bashers
Old 01-05-2019, 04:04 PM

You'd be surprised. I never implied OP was trying to compete with his car, though, I merely pointed out that the class is thriving and that means tire choice is through the roof.

A tire that bites into the flower bed well won't necessarily work on the driveway, and vice versa. So it's still important to know what the primary surface he's running on is so we can suggest a suitable all-rounder to put on the car. If he's primarily running it in a dirt lot we could shift more towards a tire optimized for that, rather than trying to suggest one that'll work on tarmac and grass as well. IF most of his running is on tarmac, perhaps some clay tires would suit best, if not outright slicks.

...it's a shame ProLine doesn't sell Badlands in 2.2 buggy sizing. Those would be the go-to here, as they are in every size range they're offered in.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:53 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 378
You'd be surprised. I never implied OP was trying to compete with his car, though, I merely pointed out that the class is thriving and that means tire choice is through the roof.

A tire that bites into the flower bed well won't necessarily work on the driveway, and vice versa. So it's still important to know what the primary surface he's running on is so we can suggest a suitable all-rounder to put on the car. If he's primarily running it in a dirt lot we could shift more towards a tire optimized for that, rather than trying to suggest one that'll work on tarmac and grass as well. IF most of his running is on tarmac, perhaps some clay tires would suit best, if not outright slicks.

...it's a shame ProLine doesn't sell Badlands in 2.2 buggy sizing. Those would be the go-to here, as they are in every size range they're offered in.
And I urge you to drop a line to Pro-Line with your concerns on "bashing" tires. For years I've emailed Pro-Line my desire for large lugged/big knobby tires in medium compound for 2.2" buggy, and stadium trucks.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:05 PM
suburban_hooligan

as long as they keep making gladiator 2's i wont have to complain. iv yet to find a surface they don't work good on.
and JConcepts still makes a ribbed front for stadium trucks. thank god.
the 2.2 buggy and stadium truck basher tire market sucks! problem is, apparently nobody is bashing them anymore. everyone's gone to short course or monster trucks.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by RustyUs
And I urge you to drop a line to Pro-Line with your concerns on "bashing" tires. For years I've emailed Pro-Line my desire for large lugged/big knobby tires in medium compound for 2.2" buggy, and stadium trucks.
Would emailing them with 'Plz to gib bandlands 2.2 buggy size?!' work? :rofl:

In all seriousness, Badlands for 2.2 Buggy and ST usage would be boss. Badlands is a tire that works well on everything. Sure there's a better tire for tarmac...that tire sucks in gravel. Sure there's a better tire for gravel, but that tire sucks on medium pack dirt. Sure there's a better tire on that, but that tire sucks on tarmac. Badlands...doesn't care. Bites in no matter what. If I ever end up with a 1/8 buggy I'm putting Badlands on it, no questions asked.