Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official Mamba Max Thread!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:01 AM
warheadforever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Mamba Max Thread!!!!!!

Hay after 3 months, and 4 days, I finely have my Mamba! I love it to bits.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:18 PM
JUSTPASSEDU
My Feedback: (20)

i posted this in the b4 forum before i saw this one , but here's the deal i have an ae ft b4 with a mamba max and 5700kv motor , for now im gonna be running a 4400 mah 6cell 7.2v battery. What gears should i be using for the car. I wanna go fast and have torque. in my tool box i have an 87 spur and 17t pinion , on the car now i have the stock 81 spur and im not to shure on the pinion ill have to count it tonight. Any suggestions would be great ? thanks
Old 07-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Pontiac K

With the CC BEC could a Mamba Max take 14 cells and a 9XL without getting too hot or having to worry too much about heat in a Savage? Thanks

Pontiac K
Old 08-01-2008, 02:58 AM
1maxdude

Noschwag, Not sure what the true rc battery connectors are, trx plugs? But I'd double check to make sure your rx wires/antenna/all that stuff is as far away as any motor/battery power cables. Second, unplug each motor plug and check for any spots of corrosion or discoloration. I'm betting its the motor plug personally as I've experienced just that. Unplug and replug them in, or mess with the wires while you're giving it throttle, something will give you an idea that it may be there. That problem drove me nuts til I figured it all out. Directly soldering the motor wires to the esc wires seems to be a good fix, but I've since had to resolder from extreme heat/current passing through and destroying the joint. Also a nice little twist of the motor wires may clean up some glitching as well.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:31 PM
hollylx88

I'm running a 5700 in my t4, 87/15 gearing, and i'd like to try and get it to run cooler when i'm running a 3s without having to gear down, so i was looking for a fan for the motor and esc. The esc after about 10/15 minutes will run around 180 and the motor starts to get up around 195 when i shut if off. It doesn't look like there's a ton of room fan options on the motor, but i was looking at the integy heatsink/fan for the motor, and just wanted to make sure it will fit on the T4. The timing is set to "lowest", punch control is at 30%, start power is "low".
Old 10-11-2008, 05:49 PM
MuggyDude

Hi, I'm getting a rustler VXL and a sidewinder or mamba max ESC. Will these glitch on the AM radio?
Old 10-12-2008, 04:17 AM
SN33KY

my mamba wont run... like it turns on and has 2 beeps and then it flashes all 3 LED's

its really new aswell!

only about 6 runs...
Old 10-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Snipin_Willy

Is the trim on your TX set to zero?
Old 10-12-2008, 10:45 PM
chadr

Temps with my rustler and mamba max w/ brand new 4600 from castle creations is getting close to 200 motor temp. Gearing is 13/90, batteries are 9.9v from 3s a123 batteries. I can hit 180 degrees after 20 minutes of nearly non stop running at the offroad track. Castle replaced the motor for me because they suspected a problem with the old one. Either I get a heat sink to bring the temps down on the 4600 or I'll get a velineon motor to try out. I hear they are better temperature wise and can still be geared up to keep the speed I get from the 4600.

10 minute races don't get the motor above 150 but its the non stop racing that gets the temps up. My esc probably has never been above 130 even with no vent in the body.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:11 AM
papa_smurf

What is the difference between the mamba max ans the mamba sidewinder?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:35 PM
zbot

ok everybody who owns a mamba max... i researched these things they are crazy but im verry confused about the brushless system. tell me the basics.. like how to instal one if i got it and what i would need to run a mamba maxx. how much is the cheapest mamba max system? and also, could i run a motor this powerful with stock pinion and spur gear? i have a Tt-01 which i have modified a little bit. i have put an alu drive shaft ball bearings and a sport tuned motor with a heat sink. am i liable to run one of these motors? i know there is alot of questions here. i would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out. thank you for your kindness... plz respond
Old 01-20-2009, 06:43 PM
timberone

Help! After a day of racing 2 weeks ago, I came home, cleaned up my car (Losi XXX-4) and let it sit until this past weekend. I have a Mamba Max with the 6900 engine installed in this car. My problem is I went to the track this weekend and plugged in my Lipo and turned the controller on and just got 3 quick beeps and all the LED's lit up, but nothing worked - steering or motor. I checked my radio and receiver and they work fine on my other cars and also checked all my connections, but nothing solved the problem.

Any idea what could be causing this and how I can fix it? The combo is only 2 months old and hasn't taken any serious hits, so I'm stumped.