Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 09:12 PM
fusebmx13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

its the desert rat body which looks great by the way
Old 11-12-2008, 09:13 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: fatkidjoey

proline/ dessert rat , dont get it , they crack very easy ! a few guys out at the track got them are not happy with them
oh lol nevermind then, you got there before i did. You dont like the proline body? my other ones not for the slash are pretty nice. I wonder why they arent good for the slash.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:36 PM
moebigslee

I saw the post a couple of pages back about adding the revo servo guard to the slash and I thought it was a good idea because I killed my stock servo when I landed funny right on the peak of a jump. I wanted a guard but I thought I could come up with something cooler than the plastic one traxxas makes. I talked with my buddy about making one out of aluminum and he said he'd whip one up for me. This is what he came with. It's made out of 1/8" thick aluminum pieces that are tig welded to give my slash that "hand fabricated" look, just like half the parts on a real corr truck. I know a lot of other people like throwing after market aluminum parts on their r/c cars just as much as I do, so if anyone else wants one of these my buddy said he'd be more than happy to make more for $10 a piece. If you want one send me a pm. Anyway here's the pics. Sorry they are not the best but I think you can still get the idea.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:52 PM
xxSLiMxx

^^ Looks awsome dude!

How do you like thos tires? thos are the proline switch tires right???
Old 11-13-2008, 03:04 PM
moebigslee

ORIGINAL: xxSLiMxx

^^ Looks awsome dude!

Yeah those are the new proline tires. I've only ran te track a little bit with them but so far I really like them. I put the vxl brushless set up in my slash and I had zero traction with stock tires. I figured the prolines might help me get some of my newly found power to the ground! Oh, I haven't had any more servo problems either since I put the guard on.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:10 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: moebigslee

ORIGINAL: xxSLiMxx

^^ Looks awsome dude!

Yeah those are the new proline tires. I've only ran te track a little bit with them but so far I really like them. I put the vxl brushless set up in my slash and I had zero traction with stock tires. I figured the prolines might help me get some of my newly found power to the ground! Oh, I haven't had any more servo problems either since I put the guard on.
The stock tires suck, Iv only had my slash about 2-3 weeks and there already less then half of what they used to be and im still running a titan. No grip at all.

I think im going to get some proline badlands when these one finally give out.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:23 PM
magnatrac

Wow that is a nice looking saftey guard. It should do the job for you with no problems! That would look really good all polished up Do you know how much weigh that adds to the truck? It's a great idea I am just concerned about he truck tipping to the right side when I jump. Anyways it looks great, you guys could be on to something there !!! , good luck, magnatrac
Old 11-13-2008, 08:54 PM
R.P.S.

ORIGINAL: magnatrac

Wow that is a nice looking saftey guard. It should do the job for you with no problems! That would look really good all polished up Do you know how much weigh that adds to the truck? It's a great idea I am just concerned about he truck tipping to the right side when I jump. Anyways it looks great, you guys could be on to something there !!! , good luck, magnatrac
Genius, the "saftey guard" is on the left side of the truck, so there is no reason for the truck to tip to the right. The weight of the guard is not seen when driving. Magnatrac, I know your in love with the losi desert truck but I assure you it will always be the unloved step child when compaired to the slasher!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:52 PM
fusebmx13

It is aluminum so it does not weigh hardly anything. It wont make your truck do a barrel roll in the air lol.

I ordered my slash today guys. 175 shipped to my house from tower free shipping to lol.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:48 PM
66impala

did anyone see the new aluminum chassis for the slash made by xtreme racing? its in the january 09 issue on page 74. looks really trick. its going for 80 bucks. you can find info on it at www.xtremercracing.com i wonder how much weight it adds to the truck?
Old 11-14-2008, 07:58 PM
xxSLiMxx

Its ugly as sin!
http://www.xtremercracing.com/Store_...ue&SnipID=6677

Alot of ppl on the traxxas forums are saying it it "might" be good for racing but for bashing its going to be crap.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:37 PM
magnatrac

ORIGINAL: R.P.S.

Genius, the "saftey guard" is on the left side of the truck, so there is no reason for the truck to tip to the right. The weight of the guard is not seen when driving. Magnatrac, I know your in love with the losi desert truck but I assure you it will always be the unloved step child when compaired to the slasher!
Hey man I didn't mean anything here so please watch your tone. I don't have a slash but i do drive one quite a bit as they have seem to become very popular. I do have a desert ruck and it's awsome Dude it has lights Anyways I see your from MI so we should hang out sometime,and drive toy cars my bro has a track at his house !!! Are you sure the guard is on the left side? I meant to say it looks ''heavy duty'' .That guys buddy does a good job soldering that aluminium together[8D]
Old 11-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Lenman73

Why don't you look at the truck again. If the servo is on the right side, why would the guard be on the left?
Old 11-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Team Tekin

ORIGINAL: Lenman73

Why don't you look at the truck again. If the servo is on the right side, why would the guard be on the left?
Uh huh, last time I looked at mine it was on the right side.....
Old 11-20-2008, 06:48 PM
moebigslee

Ok everyone knows what side the guard is actually on. Magnatrac, rps, and I are all friends. They were just messing around with each other about the location of the servo/guard. Seriously though, if anyone else wants one let me know. We've actaully made quite a few of these and everyone really likes them so far. The best part is I no longer have to worry about killing my new servo from landing funny.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Comish24

Is there only one (1) brushless system you can use with this truck ?
Old 11-20-2008, 08:13 PM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: Comish24

Is there only one (1) brushless system you can use with this truck ?
Any 1/10 Brushless will work.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:40 PM
NjBasher

hey guys. i currently own a rustler. but i want some thing race worthy. would a slash be more race worthy? cause im looking into 2wd race trucks.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:57 PM
droppedgmc
My Feedback: (18)

i'd say go for one if you lhs has races for them. fun class. and if they dont, get one anyway to bash around. put a bl system in it and you'll be happy even doing that
Old 11-21-2008, 12:01 AM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: droppedgmc

i'd say go for one if you lhs has races for them. fun class. and if they dont, get one anyway to bash around. put a bl system in it and you'll be happy even doing that
x2 There awsome little trucks and with winter comming and all the snow its even more fun cuz its 100% waterproof. Get some sandpaddel tires if you do bash in the snow, makes its 10x more fun!
Old 11-21-2008, 02:16 AM
cornel4web

I was thinking of VXL and RPM cover protector combo...are this enough for not ruin the BL systems???...[:-]
Old 11-21-2008, 02:45 AM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: cornel4web

I was thinking of VXL and RPM cover protector combo...are this enough for not ruin the BL systems???...[:-]
Just put a little bit of elect. tape over the hole, works like a charm and dosent cost $20
Old 11-21-2008, 02:53 AM
P8nt

For a servo guard, I used a "revo" servo guard with a little modding!
Old 11-21-2008, 02:55 AM
xxSLiMxx

ORIGINAL: P8nt

For a servo guard, I used a "revo" servo guard with a little modding!
Go back like 1-3 pages theres a few pictures of that done already.....the pics are of my slash.

Page 26
Old 11-21-2008, 03:16 AM
P8nt

Just looked at that! I went straight on with a little dremel help. Went with a kimbrogh servo saver and a sirrus MG servo! Wasn't even out of the shop and had the truck stripped down to the gear box/frame, everthing else was replaced. RPM, Lunsford, Mamba, Proline, Intergy and the list still grows! Seeya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.